35°Overcast

Minor Gas Explosion at Whitlow’s

by ARLnow.com — October 9, 2012 at 10:00 am 2,936 11 Comments

(Updated at 10:05 a.m.) A small gas explosion injured a repair person at Whitlow’s (2854 Wilson Blvd) in Clarendon last night.

The incident happened around 6:00 p.m. A repair person was working on a stove at the restaurant when some gas that had built up in the stove ignited, according to Arlington County Fire Department spokesman Capt. Gregg Karl.

The repair person was injured by broken glass, Karl said. The injuries were non-life-threatening.

On Twitter, the restaurant said it “had to close for 20 minutes” after a “small incident with our oven.” No additional information about the incident or the victim is available at this time.

Photo courtesy Mark Alves. Hat tip to David Johnson.

  • Buckingham Bandit

    This thread has the potential to be legendary…

    • j

      Laughed so hard at this headline! It’s like a bait car.

  • novasteve

    So we finally find out Chipotle addict’s profession.

  • Not Me

    Juan thought the goat n’ bean chili might be a little under cooked, but he served it anyway…

  • Unconstructive.

    Please start your own Statler and Waldorf opera box forum elsewhere, it’s getting so tired.

  • Arlington, Northside

    Glad no one was hurt too seriously, and very glad they will be available for Brunch and drinking on Saturday.

  • Id

    Whitlow’s chili never fails, but who eats it for breakfast?

    • Never Again

      Well, I sure won’t make that mistake again !!

  • Mack

    When you have a pair of steel ones, you really shouldn’t eat at places like that.

  • Cyrus

    Gas explosion at Whitlows? In other news, the sky is blue…

  • Charles

    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

×

Subscribe to our mailing list