weather icon 78° Partly Cloudy
The Latest:

Fire at Four Mile Run Drive Condo Building

by ARLnow.com | January 9, 2013 at 9:45 am | 1,141 views | 8 Comments

Arlington County fire truckA natural gas-fed fire broke out at the Carlton Condominium building at 4600 S. Four Mile Run Drive this morning, but was quickly extinguished by firefighters.

The fire was reported around 9:00 a.m. in a top floor apartment of the 12-story building. Heavy smoke was seen coming from the apartment upon emergency responders’ arrival. Described as a natural gas-fed kitchen fire, the blaze was quickly knocked down once Arlington County firefighters reached the apartment.

The fire did not spread to other apartments, but smoke did spread to at least two other units. Firefighters are ventilating the smoke now.

Section: News | Tags: ,
Print Friendly and PDF
  • sh

    why?

  • it

    you know, a natural gas-fed kitchen fire. duh

  • CW

    I cannot get over how that is proper English, but people insist it is. A “natural gas-fed fire”. Well, if it was natural, I guess they should have expected the gas-fed fire then, right? It was just a naturally occurring gas-fed fire.

    • Captain_Obvious

      I’m not a fan of grass-fed meat, tastes a little gamey.

    • http://www.earlvarona.com Earl

      Hi CW, it means the fire came from a ‘Natural Gas’ and not ‘gas that is natural’. ‘Natural Gas’ is the proper term for the gas that is use in the kitchen for cooking (gas stove). I know it sounds confusing but here’s more info for Natural Gas:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas
      :)

  • LexxiFoxx

    Hipsters learning to cook

  • stand corrected

    “natural gas-fed fire” is proper English. Natural gas, as opposed to propane. Not natural as in expected. LNG vs. LPG. Do some research.

  • sh

    Tuesday is better, but Thursday might work.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list