Editor’s Note: Help Wanted Highlight is an occasional, sponsored feature that highlights job openings at local companies.
Exciting and rare opportunity for a senior finance professional looking for a challenging but part-time executive role. Perfect for the right person who wants a rewarding position but has only so many hours in the day. Join this private, fast-growing entrepreneurial group with operations in the US and Mexico and become part of the team that takes them to the next level. Compensation, including a track toward equity, commensurate with experience.
We run two closely-held separate businesses out of the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, VA. Although the companies are separate, the office space, principals, ownership and entrepreneurial environment are shared. Our atmosphere is casual but focused, fun but sometimes intense.
Global Telesourcing’s small corporate office is based in Arlington with its actual operation located in Monterrey, Mexico. We are a premium provider of native-level English inbound and outbound call center services for Fortune 1000 US companies. Most of our employees – although living in Mexico – spent the formative years of their life in the US. This gives them unaccented language skills and total cultural comfort working on behalf of American companies. We are the only non-US sales call center authorized to handle English-language work for two Fortune 200 companies. Global Telesourcing was named to the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing privately-held companies in America.
NextWave Advocacy is a boutique public affairs firm that helps its clients identify and mobilize people personally impacted by legislative and regulatory issues. Unlike most grassroots techniques that result in large volumes of form letters, our process leads to impactful, high-textured personal communications to legislators and agencies. By combining leading technology with world-class execution, NextWave delivers meaningful and scalable solutions for corporations, trade associations, membership organizations and advocacy groups.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the two companies
- Supervise, develop and mentor our outstanding finance team: the Controller (US) and Finance Manager (Mexico)
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the management team and Board of Directors
- Manage cash flow to ensure proper funding of bank accounts in the US and Mexico
- Work with outside tax accountants for filing of tax returns
- Implement best practices, processes and systems to support continued growth and a likely funding round or company sale
- Advise and support the President and the CEO in all business matters
Background and experience:
- CPA designation preferred
- Hands-on financial experience in a small, fast-paced, dynamic business
- Minimum eight to ten years of experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities
- Strong Excel and financial software skills. Quickbooks preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work remotely
- Strong team player
- Takes ownership for work with a focus on results
- Thinks strategically but is very involved with the details
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive personality
- Sense of humor is critical.
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org