Perched on the 10th floor of The Odyssey, this 1635 SF, 2 BR + den, 2.5 BA, corner unit stretches out behind floor to ceiling glass windows overlooking Georgetown, the Palisades and the National Cathedral.
The master suite and second bedroom with full bath occupy opposite ends of the unit, providing privacy for each. In between are the Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Den with fireplace and a half-bath and laundry.
Platinum level finishes include a Viking wall oven and microwave, Wolf gas and electric cooktops, SubZero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, Miele washer/dryer, maple hardwood flooring and marble master bathroom finishes.
Other features include:
- Den with electric fireplace
- Expansive marble master bathroom
- Large walk-in Master Bedroom closet with custom Poliform built-ins
- Two balconies
- Gourmet kitchen with custom glass and tile backsplash and maple Crystal cabinets
- 9-foot ceilings throughout
Walk to the Saturday Farmers’ Market at Courthouse and many desirable shops/restaurants in the Clarendon/Courthouse corridor.
If you are looking for a something spacious, comfortable and with a touch of elegance, this Lyon Village home might be just for you.
With 6 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, and over 5,500 square feet of space including a detached garage, there is plenty of room for everyone.
The large master suite has a private balcony, large bathroom and 2 story walk-in closet.
This home not only has style but a great location located less than a mile from the metro station and downtown Clarendon.
If you are interested getting some more information about this beautiful Classic Cottages home, please contact us today before it is sold!
If you want those rare large rooms, abundant closets, an actual garage you can use and move-in condition, this home is for you.
Walk to Westover Village from this deceptively large 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath Cape Cod in Lacey Forest. It features a large kitchen with high end Poggenpohl cabinets, granite tops, Miele and Liebherr appliances, three renovated bathrooms, main level powder room, living room fireplace, gleaming wood floors on two levels and fresh young decor.
Plus, there’s a huge lower level with walk out rec room offering large windows and view of stone patio, not to mention a new roof, two zone heating and air conditioning, big closets with organizers, and incredible storage.
This home, at 1206 N. Jefferson Street, is within the boundaries of McKinley Elementary, Swanson Middle, and Yorktown High School. It’s in pristine move-in condition and is listed at $925,000.
A gorgeous, newly-constructed 5 BR, 4.5 BA home is on the market in sought-after Maywood.
This new home at 2346 N. Fillmore Street, listed at $1,225,000, offers over 4,000 square feet on four finished levels.
The beautifully appointed main level features 9-foot ceilings. The spacious kitchen comes equipped with 42-inch Shaker-style cabinets, marble counters and a large island.
Other features include:
- Gleaming Brazilian cherry hardwood floors
- Great room with beamed ceiling and gas fireplace
- Lovely, light-filled spaces for living and entertaining
- Four upper level bedrooms
- Luxurious owners’ suite with separate vanities, soaking tub, separate shower and two walk-in-closets
- Granite counters in bathrooms
- Upper level laundry room
- Standing seam metal roof
- Enclosed patio
- Extensive landscaping
- Parking pad
An open house will be held on Sunday, Sept. 28 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
If you’ve been looking for a family-sized home in a great neighborhood at a price not reserved for millionaires, 868 N. Longfellow Street is calling your name.
A top to bottom renovation by Arlington Restoration Builders has transformed this mid-Century Dominion Hills rambler. Here’s a partial list of what’s new:
- New roof
- Hardie-Plank siding
- Heating, air conditioning, hot water heater
- Double pane windows
- Driveway, walkway
- Reico kitchen with KitchenAid appliances
- Three new bathrooms
- Renovated lower level provides huge rec room with large window
Other desirable details include a den; a family room with built-ins; doors to level rear yard and covered porch opening to deck; refinished wood floors; sod and landscaped lot; and fresh, young decor.
A 4 BR / 3 BA single family home on a 8,229 square foot lot, 868 N. Longfellow Street is located within the bounds of McKinley Elementary, Swanson Middle and Yorktown High School. It’s listed at $789,500.
An open house will be held Sunday, Sept. 28 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Call this classic 1930s Lee Heights colonial at 2540 Military Road your own!
Nestled on a quarter acre lot near shops, restaurants, parks and library, the 3 BR / 3 BA home has a garage and plenty of space for rest and relaxation. Features include:
- Three bedrooms and two updated bathrooms upstairs
- An architecturally distinctive fireplace in the living room
- Wood cabinets
- Granite countertops in the kitchen
- A huge sunroom opening to yard with level play area
- Space for gardens, patio and a shady spot for a hammock
- Lower level den, full bathroom with whimsical clawfoot bathtub
- Playroom with cozy spot for princess play and entry to garage
- Within the boundaries of three sought-after public schools: Taylor Elementary, Williamsburg Middle and Yorktown High
The listing price on this gem is $799,000. Contact Betsy Twigg of McEnearney Associates for more information: 703-717-6352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An open house will be held on Sunday, Sept. 21 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Additional details about 2540 Military Road are available at betsytwigg.com.
Perhaps best known for its pizza and beer, Fire Works is tackling what it sees as an underrepresented market — artisanal cocktails. The new cocktail menu (below) offers modern takes on classic cocktails like the sidecar, the old fashioned and the gin and tonic.
“The inspiration for the cocktail menu is simple… classic cocktails that seem familiar but are reimagined for contemporary times,” Fire Works mixologist Jason Silerto said. “Twists on an old favorite that will have you curious enough to want to try something new, yet recognizable enough so you sort of know what’s in store.”
“Seasonal ingredients are always key to a successful menu,” Silerto continued. “Lighter, more quaffable drinks may dominate a summer list, whereas heavier, throat-warming concoctions feel more apropos come the cooler months.”
Fire Works will hold a Roaring ’20s party next Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 6:00 p.m., to celebrate the cocktail menu launch. The restaurant will serve complimentary hors d’oeuvres from 6:00 to 7:30. A special price for the new cocktails will be in effect from 6:00 to 9:00.
The event is open to the public and attendees are encouraged to dress as “flappers and dapper gentlemen.” You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see the red carpet and rope line and hear the live jazz band. You might also see the well-dressed crowd at the photo booth inside.
The new cocktail menu features the following:
- Peach-Habanero Manhattan (peach-habanero-infused Makers Mark / sweet vermouth / gin barrel-aged orange bitters)
- Rosewater Negroni (Boodles Gin / Campari / sweet vermouth / rosewater)
- Watershed G&T (Catoctin Creek Watershed Gin / house-made orange and fennel Tonic / club soda / cucumber slices / celery bitters / fresh-ground pepper garnish)
- Calm Before the Storm (Goslings Black Seal Rum / Cointreau / fresh lime juice / Maine Ginger Brew)
- Let it Slidecar (Flor de Cana Rum / Remy VSOP / Cointreau / fresh grapefruit juice / basil leaf / basil sugar rim)
- Jasmine Tea & Elderflower Gin Rickey (Plymouth Gin / St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur / jasmine tea simple syrup / fresh lime juice / club soda)
- Old Sappy Fashioned (Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye Whiskey / maple syrup / Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters / orange slice / cherry)
- Mediterranean Bloody Mary (Bakon Vodka / Mediterranean Bloody Mary mix)
- Peruvian 75 (Macchu Pisco / St Germaine Liqueur / blackberry brandy / Brut Champagne)
- Unprovincial (Ketel One Orange / creme de violette / white cranberry juice / lemon juice / cherry juice)
- Ward 2.0 (rye whiskey / orange juice / fresh lemon juice / house-made rosewater grenadine)
Are you considering buying a home in Arlington?
If so, attend this Arlington home buyer seminar in Courthouse next Wednesday, September 24th from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Three industry experts – Joe Zamoiski of 1st Portfolio Lending, George Papakostas of Long & Foster, and George Glekas of GPN Title – will give an informative talk about the process of buying a home in Arlington. Joe, George, and George have years of experience between them in the Arlington market, not to mention hundreds of successful transactions.
They’ll cover the home-buying process in detail, including:
- Identifying a home.
- The offer, negotiation, and closing process.
- Financing, including loan approval and figuring out what you can afford.
- State of the Arlington market.
In addition to the above, the purpose of the seminar is to answer your questions. Attendance is kept low to allow ample attention for all attendees. You’ll have plenty of time to ask questions during the Q&A or afterwards if you’d prefer to ask a question privately.
The speakers will present for 45 minutes or so, after which there will be Q&A for 30 minutes, when the seminar officially ends. But Joe, George, and George will stick around as long as necessary to answer all questions.
- Location: In the heart of Courthouse at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, 1401 N Adams St (map).
- Parking: Yes, free parking.
- Metro-accessible: Two blocks from the Courthouse station.
- Cost: $15 per person here, $20 at the door.
- Food: Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Questions: Email email@example.com or call 703-842-1391.
Editor’s Note: This post is authored and sponsored by United Social Sports.
Labor Day weekend will be here soon and that means more than just football season is starting.
United Social Sports’ fall season will start in September too and now is the time to register for fall leagues in Arlington and Northern Virginia.
United Social Sports continues to give Arlington residents a chance to “get out and play.” GLOW bocce and skeeball are back and from softball to soccer and cornhole, we’ve got you covered as usual. We’re continuing to expand our Arlington leagues this season, offering those who live, work or play here plenty of opportunities to get active and be social.
This fall season USS has both returning and brand new leagues:
Bar Sports: Full Lineup
Multi-Sports: Full Lineup
Cornhole: Full Lineup
Shuffleboard: Full Lineup
- Mondays @ Light Horse — Old Town
Skeeball: Full Lineup
- Tuesdays @ Spider Kellys
- Tuesdays @ Light Horse – Old Town
- Wednesdays @ Continental Modern Pool Lounge
GLOW Bocce: Full Lineup
Soccer: Full Lineup
- Sundays @ Gunston Park
- Sundays @ Virginia Highlands Park
- Tuesdays @ Long Bridge Park
- Thursdays @ Long Bridge Park
Softball: Full Lineup
- Sunday Mornings – Jennie Dean Park
- Sunday Afternoons – Jennie Dean Park
- Fridays – Jennie Dean Park
- Saturdays – Barcroft Park
Indoor Volleyball: Full Lineup
- Sunday Mornings @ Skyline Sport and Health
- Wednesdays @ Dunbar Alexandria Boys & Girls Club
- Thursdays @ Skyline Sport & Health
Sand Volleyball: Full Lineup
United Social Sports caters to a growing population in Arlington who love to stay active and who put an emphasis on having fun and being social over hardcore victories.
Registration closes for fall team sports on Tuesday, September 16 (or when leagues fill) and for fall bar sports on Tuesday, September 23.
Tellus Apartments, at 2009 14th Street North in Courthouse, is now open for tours and leasing.
The stylish new apartments were on display for the first time during the grand opening this past Saturday (August 9). The sophisticated and modern units have the finest touches and come in many sizes to suit your needs: studio, 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom with den, 2 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms with den.
There are countless perks to living at Tellus Apartments. Some of the amenities include:
- Top-of-the-line rooftop pool
- Lush roof terraces
- Fitness center with yoga studio
- Expansive park with fire pit
- High-tech business center
Sustainability is at the forefront of operations at the apartment building. It is LEED Gold certified and features energy efficient heating and cooling systems, water conserving faucets and fixtures, rainwater recycling and Energy Star rated in-unit appliances. Even the name is inspired by a green theme — Tellus is the ancient Roman earth goddess.
All of these amenities are available within easy walking distance of some of Arlington’s best shops, restaurants and bars. In keeping with the Tellus Apartments goal of environmental friendliness, the prime location is just steps from Metro’s Orange and Silver lines in Courthouse.
Stop by for a look at what Tellus Apartments can offer. Through this weekend, if you decide Tellus Apartments is where you want to call home, you can get 1.5 months free rent.
Sedona|Slate, at 1510 Clarendon Blvd in Rosslyn, will be holding an open house this weekend.
The open house, showcasing brand new apartments, will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and from noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. These stylish apartments have a claim to fame as the first LEED new construction registered residential building in Arlington County.
The amenities at Sedona|Slate offer the best of modern living:
- Rooftop pool
- KICK Fitness Center with on-site person trainer available
- Lounge with catering kitchen and billiards
- Outdoor park and grilling stations
- On-site retail including Jimmy John’s, Lava Barre, a dry cleaner, and a gastropub
The inspired interiors at Sedona|Slate are chic and sophisticated. These well-appointed residences include:
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom + den, 2 bedrooms, and penthouses
- Stainless steel appliances
- Floor-to-ceiling windows provide ample natural light
- Select from 3 designer finishes for cabinets, backsplash, and plank flooring
- Pet friendly for cats and large dogs
All of this in an unbeatable location, only 3 blocks from the Orange, Blue and Silver line Metro in Rosslyn.
Swing by this weekend for a tour. This weekend only, if you decide to call Sedona|Slate home, you can receive an iPad Air and up to 2.5 months free rent as an incentive. For more information, call 703.566.9670 or visit SedonaSlateApartments.com.
Construction is complete and this beautiful house at 228 N. Cleveland Street is now available for purchase. You are invited to the grand opening this Sunday, July 20, from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Located in sought-after Lyon Park — within walking distance of Clarendon metro, shops and restaurants — the house is close to a number of neighborhood parks.
This home is designed to incorporate a balance of indoor and outdoor space. Inside you’ll enjoy an open floor plan that invites an abundance of natural light and provides the perfect environment for relaxing with family or entertaining friends. Abutting the kitchen and great room is a large covered deck that leads to the beautifully landscaped yard. It’s ideal for summer barbecues or simply relaxing with your morning coffee.
You’ll love the chef’s kitchen! Imagine Thermador professional appliances with 6-burner gas stove. Granite counters and backsplash with a mosaic tile accent. Custom cabinetry with a plethora of storage, complete with walk-in pantry.
The home spans 4 levels with approximately 4,400 square feet of living space. This does not include the climate-controlled studio space above the detached 2-car garage. This bonus space is perfect for a home office, inlaw suite, au pair suite, exercise room, game room or your favorite hobbies.
There are 6 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms. The spa-like master suite includes a private terrace, two closets, dual vanity, soaking tub and rain shower.
Interior highlights include:
- Five-inch wide red oak wood flooring throughout the main level, stairs, upper level hallway and master bedroom
- Gas fireplace in living room with built-in shelving
- Built in buffet with granite counter and custom shelving
- Crown molding throughout main level
- Oil rubbed bronze door fixtures and solid core doors
- Each full bathroom includes a granite vanity
- Designer lighting and paint
- Bedroom level laundry room with washer & dryer
- Tankless hot water heaters to save water and lower energy bills
- Dual zone heating / cooling to help ensure comfort and efficiency
- Finished basement and 4th level for multimedia, entertaining, hobbies, home office, additional bedrooms
Exterior highlights include:
- Covered front porch
- Stone and cement composite siding exterior
- Paver walkway and driveway
- Durable low maintenance trim and decking materials
The listing price is $1,399,900. For more information or to schedule a private showing, visit 228Cleveland.com
Listed by Adam Gallegos, the principal broker of Arlington based real estate firm, Arbour Realty. Adam was voted one of the best Realtors by the readers of Arlington Magazine in 2013 and 2014. He is also the weekly author of the Ask Adam articles on ARLnow.
Adam can be reached 703-627-1255 (cell) or 703-536-5547 (office). Arbour Realty is located at 875 N. Randolph St., Suite C, in the Ballston area.
For sale: unit No. 411 in Liberty Center, Ballston’s premier condominium (888 N. Quincy Street). Listed at $650,000, the price includes garage parking and extra storage.
There’s over 1,200 square feet of space in this sun-splashed two bedroom, two bath condominium with den. It features:
- Expansive balcony overlooking the landscaped courtyard
- Open kitchen features abundant light wood cabinet
- Generous granite countertops
- Gleaming stainless steel appliances
- Wood floors extend from the foyer through the living space
- Carpeting enhances the two bedrooms and private den
- Appealing master bathroom with separate soaking tub and shower
- Large second bathroom
- Washer and dryer
The building has a rooftop sundeck and swimming pool with spectacular view of the Washington and Virginia skylines. In addition, there is a gym, clubroom with entry to the courtyard where barbecues are available and a 24 hour front desk.
It’s a short stroll to Ballston Metro, shops, restaurants, grocery stores, movies, gyms, Kettler Ice Rink, Arlington County’s university-class central library, parks, bike path and tennis courts. Use the nearby Washington-Lee High School track and the indoor pool for a small user fee.
A wonderful home in a location you will value everyday. For more information please call Betsy Twigg at McEnearney Associates. Betsy can be reached at 703-967-4391 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2014 is here, and USS is set to kick off its summer season.
We have good news: United Social Sports acquired some permits at the last minute, so that means you have more time to get in on the action before it’s too late!
Do you want to meet new people? See your friends more often? Get more physical activity?
United Social Sports Summer registration is STILL open and you can accomplish all of these by registering for one or more of the Summer leagues in Arlington and D.C.! But act fast, summer registration is closing soon, and leagues are filling fast! Check out our featured leagues that still have space below.
This summer season USS has both returning and brand new leagues:
DC Game Show (New Locations!)
- Jennie Dean/Gunston Park — Multi Day League — Starts on 7/21/14
- Skyline — Thursday — Starts on 7/10/14
Registration closes for team sports summer leagues late this week or when leagues fill. Be sure to act fast!
Registration closes for bar sports summer leagues on Tuesday, July 8 or when leagues fill. Most league games begin the week of July 13.
Use Promo Code: ARL714 and save on your registration!
Don’t miss out on our upcoming events:
Held at the Crystal Tech Fund (2231 Crystal Drive) space in Crystal City, the event will arm attendees with Monopoly money and invite them to check out more than a dozen local startups. Attendees can invest the faux funds in their favorite startups, and the company with the most fake money at the end wins lunch with venture capitalist and Crystal Tech Fund founder Paul Singh.
For those attending, there’s no need to bring real cash — we’ll provide all the food and drink you need. Just bring business cards and network as much or as little as you want.
Tickets for the event are just $15 through July 11 and $20 thereafter.
Local startups interested in participating should contact Meghan McMahon at email@example.com.