48°Partly Cloudy

Home > General Discussion > AMC Courthouse Plaza 8

AMC Courthouse Plaza 8
  • Hyde November 11, 2012 - 6:06 pm #54781 Reply

    Does anyone know why the AMC in Courthouse always passes up all the big movies?  It was bad enough they didn't show the Dark Knight over the summer, but now no Skyfall???  Don't get me wrong, the new leather reclining seats are amazing, but I don't go to movies for the seating experience.  I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't recoup the costs associated with showing the film, given the large population of 20-30 year olds in the area.  Thoughts?  Also, let's try something new for once, and keep this as an apolitical discussion.  

    iiandyiiii November 12, 2012 - 8:51 am #54782 Reply

    They do- every other week Courthouse gets the new movies (whatever happens to be new that weekend).  On the in-between weeks, Ballston gets the new movies.  I don't know if this is some tacit or unspoken agreement between the two theaters, but I guess it keeps a steady flow of customers to both.  It's just bad luck that Ballston got the weekends with Skyfall and Batman. 

    1234 November 12, 2012 - 10:10 am #54783 Reply

    I saw Flight this past weekend in AMC Courthouse 8 and I must say… those new seats are awesome! They fully recline and you're able to kick out your feet and really relax! I saw it in a smaller theater, so it gave me the “home theater” feeling. All of this for $10.75. Eat your heart out, Tysons.

    Deadite November 12, 2012 - 10:44 am #54784 Reply

    iiandyiiii said:

    They do- every other week Courthouse gets the new movies (whatever happens to be new that weekend).  On the in-between weeks, Ballston gets the new movies.  I don’t know if this is some tacit or unspoken agreement between the two theaters, but I guess it keeps a steady flow of customers to both.  It’s just bad luck that Ballston got the weekends with Skyfall and Batman. 

    I call BS on this. It seems like Courthouse hasn't had a given weekend's biggest opening film in at least a year. I know because I live a block from the theater and always check to see what's playing. Perhaps the renovation had something to do with the dearth of big movies, but that should be over with by now.

    Major Pup McPuppo November 12, 2012 - 11:38 am #54785 Reply

    i like movies

    JonBoy November 12, 2012 - 11:43 am #54786 Reply

    350sbc said:

    I saw Flight this past weekend in AMC Courthouse 8 and I must say… those new seats are awesome! They fully recline and you're able to kick out your feet and really relax! I saw it in a smaller theater, so it gave me the “home theater” feeling. All of this for $10.75. Eat your heart out, Tysons.

    I agree completely.  I didn't even know those seats were there until I saw a movie there recently after several years.  They're just fantastic.  

    MissKittenCat November 12, 2012 - 2:33 pm #54787 Reply

    I'm hoping the AMC Courthouse Location turns into a AMC Dine-In Theatres especially with the new seats they have. 

     

    http://dinein.amctheatres.com/

    Hank November 13, 2012 - 11:46 am #54788 Reply

    Yeah, the selection at AMC Courthouse Plaza is generally pretty horrendous.  I don't think they've ever skipped over a Katherine Heigl movie.

    chipotle_addict November 13, 2012 - 11:50 am #54789 Reply

    I've never been to that theater, how is parking? Is it available free?

    Hank November 13, 2012 - 12:05 pm #54790 Reply

    There's a giant parking lot that is free after 6:30, I think.  But it can get filled up on the weekends and evenings pretty quickly.

    JBM November 14, 2012 - 8:37 am #54791 Reply

    Courthouse and Ballston are considered “split zone theaters” due to the short distance between them.  This is why they never, excepting rare occasions, have the same movies at the same time.  Movies are selected by the bookers in the chains' corporate offices.

    Bella Luna November 14, 2012 - 9:02 am #54792 Reply

    chipotle_addict said:

    I've never been to that theater, how is parking? Is it available free?

    Garage parking is validated at the theater, and the side parking lot is free after 6:30pm

    newty25 November 14, 2012 - 9:04 am #54793 Reply

    JBM said:

    Courthouse and Ballston are considered “split zone theaters” due to the short distance between them.  This is why they never, excepting rare occasions, have the same movies at the same time.  Movies are selected by the bookers in the chains' corporate offices.

    But, one is a Regal Cinema and the other is AMC?!

    SteveP November 14, 2012 - 9:08 am #54794 Reply

    Bella Luna said:

    chipotle_addict said:

    I've never been to that theater, how is parking? Is it available free?

    Garage parking is validated at the theater, and the side parking lot is free after 6:30pm

     

    The Courthouse garage is free after 5pm and all day on weekends, except in the metered spots, which I think are the same schedule as the surface lot. You need to get a ticket on the way and use it to get out, but you don't need to pay anything.

    JBM November 14, 2012 - 9:28 am #54795 Reply

    newty25 said:

    But, one is a Regal Cinema and the other is AMC?!

    It's a competitive split zone between chains.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list