63°Partly Cloudy

Home > General Discussion > In Other News…

In Other News…
  • Captain_Obvious November 7, 2012 - 12:35 pm #54896 Reply

    It may snow today that could result in a dusting.  Be advised:  Go home now to avoid a 3hr+ commute home.

    Venn Diagram November 7, 2012 - 12:45 pm #54897 Reply

    Captain_Obvious said:

    It may snow today that could result in a dusting.  Be advised:  Go home now to avoid a 3hr+ commute home.

    Don't forget to stop off at the store and buy 3 weeks worth of bottled water, toilet paper and *every*single*freakin*battery*you*can*find*

    Bella Luna November 7, 2012 - 12:47 pm #54898 Reply

    Noted! Uff! Hopefull the stores haven't run out of bottled water.

    Captain_Obvious November 7, 2012 - 12:51 pm #54899 Reply

    Bella Luna said:

    Noted! Uff! Hopefull the stores haven't run out of bottled water.

    right, cause the snow dusting will freeze all our pipes.

    INF November 7, 2012 - 1:02 pm #54900 Reply

    Why DOES the collective IQ of this area's residents drop by at least 50 points every time any kind of moisture threatens to fall from the sky??

    Captain_Obvious November 7, 2012 - 1:07 pm #54901 Reply

    INF said:

    Why DOES the collective IQ of this area's residents drop by at least 50 points every time any kind of moisture threatens to fall from the sky??

    Because its all about the kids.  Imagine if a kid slipped on some ice or was hit with a snowball…the horror !!

    INF November 7, 2012 - 1:08 pm #54902 Reply

    Captain_Obvious said:

    INF said:

    Why DOES the collective IQ of this area's residents drop by at least 50 points every time any kind of moisture threatens to fall from the sky??

    Because its all about the kids.  Imagine if a kid slipped on some ice or was hit with a snowball…the horror !!

    Oh NOEZ!  Think about the children! I doubt Teh Stoopid™ helps da childs all that much. Laugh

    B22201 November 7, 2012 - 1:27 pm #54903 Reply

    Why is this storm named?   Why should every storm get a name?  

     

    Hurricane. . . okay, I get it (sort of).

     

    But some snow?  Is that really name-worthy?   Will we start naming every rainstorm next?

     

    Just don't get it. . . Confused

    JamesE November 7, 2012 - 1:28 pm #54904 Reply

    I still have summer tires on my car am I going to die tonight?

    Captain_Obvious November 7, 2012 - 1:31 pm #54905 Reply

    JamesE said:

    I still have summer tires on my car am I going to die tonight?

    No, cause  you will be stuck in a never-ending gridlock.

    lilypad November 7, 2012 - 1:48 pm #54906 Reply

    B22201 said:

    Why is this storm named?   Why should every storm get a name?  

     

    Hurricane. . . okay, I get it (sort of).

     

    But some snow?  Is that really name-worthy?   Will we start naming every rainstorm next?

     

    Just don’t get it. . . Confused

    The Weather Channel took it upon themseleves to name it. The National Weather Service released a memo asking that the storm not  be referred to by name.

    Bluemontsince1961 November 7, 2012 - 1:49 pm #54907 Reply

    JamesE said:

    I still have summer tires on my car am I going to die tonight?

    When the first wet snowflake hits the pavement and every silly idjit fiddling with their cell phone or texting panics (OMG, a snowflake, its a b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d-the-world-is-coming-to-an-end) you might very well have at least a very near miss.  In this area, the pattern seems to be either drive at 80 riding everyone's bumper (while texting or yapping on the cell phone) or driving 10 (gripping the wheel with white knuckles) and terrified that a snowflake will hit the road and cause an out of control skid.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list