Is anyone else having problems with the “Load More Comments” button. I swear before it would append another batch of comments to the first 50 etc, now it seems to flush the 1st 50 and replace them with the remainder – next 50. It’s much easier to read the thread if it works the first way.
Yeah, seeing the same problem.
It’s amazing to me that in 2013, you can’t just install a comment system that works simply and reliably. I hope ARLnow didn’t pay Disqus for this POS.
This appears to be affecting other Disqus-powered sites. We’re in touch with Disqus and hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Related problem — I’m not seeing any comments at all. In fact, every article says “No Comments”. Anyone else seeing this, or is there a fix to it?
Sorry, not seeing it. Maybe if you were accessing wifi on a trolley or in an internet cafe in Prague, you wouldn’t be having these problems.
QTR – Are you using a “no script” setting or an ad blocker? Those can disable our commenting system.
I don’t think so. I’m using IE, and I’ve checked the settings and they appear to be OK – pop-up blocker is off, this is a “safe site”, etc. I’m probably missing something, but I don’t konw what. It just happened too – yesterday afternoon. Comments were there in the am, but when I checked in the pm, it had gone to “No Comments”, even though I hadn’t changed anything. Not sure how to fix it, so if anyone has advice, thanks!
It is absolute rubbish. I hope at most Disqus is paying ARLnow to use this thing, not the other way around, or ARLnow is getting ripped.
1) Number of comments as stated on the main page NEVER aligns with the actual number
2) Comments do not update in real time. I posted one this morning thinking I was first to comment; someone else had said the same thing timestamped 8 minutes earlier.
3) Show all comments does not show all comments
4) Some comments disappear for periods of time then reappear, even with the same settings
5) Hierarchy is often messed up
6) Names sometimes spoof, which is somewhat disconcerting – one of my comments was appearing as attributed to “bender” for about 10 minutes yesterday.
Old comment system was much, much better!
#70597 – CW, I like the old system much better als0! Too many different logins. I liked the one login which covered comments to postings and comments to forum topics. Disqus seems very “clunky”.
QTR – Do you know what version of IE you have, I haven’t had luck with an older version of IE 8.
SNU – it’s IE 9, actually. The weird thing is that it was working fine, and then it just stopped. I have no clue why, and frankly I’m not even sure where to look.
Well, this problem is going to end up hurting all readers of arlnow, b/c they’re going to lose the ability to read my witty commentary. I feel sorry for them!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.