Okay, yes this is snarky, but…… Appears that a certain someone supports the Arlington County (D) Board.
1. Arlington Co Board (D) approves project
2. Project is supported by resident
3. Thus, resident supports Arlington Co Board (D).
And you accuse me of doing that? This is VDOT. Has ntohing to do with the county.
Scumbag steve is anti-everything. Pretty pathetic human being.
And once again 350sbc has nothing to say about arlington, any topic relating to arlington, just personally attacking other people who post here. Why did you respond to this topic if you have zero intention of discussing the issue? Do you lack self control? Are you too emotionally immature to ignore posters or posts you don’t approve of? Are you a child? Does your mommy know you are an an BBS full of adults?
@350sbc – that’s really unfair. Cut scumbag some slack. He is merely happy that his walking routes will soon be expanded so he can bring us coverage of discarded bread and dog poop.
@Novasteve, wrote, “And you accuse me of doing that? This is VDOT. Has ntohing to do with the county” in reply to my message 74660.
1. I didn’t accuse any particular person, well, didn’t name names.
2. This project has everything to do with Arlington County as the county initiated the project. Without this, the project would have never happened. Quoting the county website, “Background:More than 14 years ago, at Arlington's initiative, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) joined with Arlington to study alternative configurations for the highway interchange at Arlington Boulevard/Rt. 50, Courthouse Road, and 10th Street.”
3. If in fact this project (as you wrote, mistakingly) “has nothing to do with the county” then why write about it in Arlnow.
4. I admitted the posting was snarky, so cut me a break. :-)
@350, although I may have stepped over the line at times, NS is no scumbag. No matter how much I disagree with him (as he does with me), he also occasionally provide helpful information to others (like bars, bike routes, etc). And means no harm.
So, not to come down on you (honest). NS can hold his own, but I wanted to step in there. Scumbag, nah. Irritating, yes But, then again, most people irritate me.
this actually started as an informative thread and i was about to stick up for steve, but then things went rapidly downhill. same old same old. sigh.
Steve, I think the stop signs at Barton & Pershing are a very good thing, but something tells me that they will disappear when the projects are finally done.
LOL. yesterday some guy at the intersection of Barton and Pershing was wearing a Prague tshirt, carrying his carryout food home.
@NS, are you sure you weren’t carrying a mirror at the time?
Latest update from VDOT (Arlington County email newsletter) is open in “mid-June:”
As of January 29th, VDOT has closed the ramp from 10th Street onto westbound Arlington Blvd. Please follow the signed detour route down Washington Blvd. to N. Pershing Drive in order to access westbound Arlington Blvd. This detour is scheduled to end mid June, 2013.
VDOT closed the westbound Arlington Blvd. ramp onto 10th Street in October 2012. Please follow the signed detour route from westbound Arlington Blvd. to N. Pershing Drive and Washington Blvd. to access 10th Street. This detour is scheduled to end mid June, 2013.
I can’t wait for this ramp to be back. A way better way to get home than up Courthouse Rd. Will also be nice to have a 50 access point again.. It appears that the bridge to eastbound is coming along too, though I wish they’d pick either the 10th St or the Courthouse Rd eastbound bridge and get one finally finished. There isn’t really a good option for Courthouse-folks to get onto 50E
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.