Advertise in Arlington on an Annual Budget of About $10,000
The goal: You want to reach Arlington residents throughout the year and get the most bang for the buck at a set annual budget. At a ~$10,000 annual budget, we have two recommendations.
- Silver Premium Brand Package — Sidebar ad, Email Newsletter ad, quarterly Promoted Post ($1,000/mo)
Total annual investment: $10,200 (w/ 15% upfront payment discount)
- Biweekly feature or column on a given topic ($300/post)
- 2 Email blasts ($849/ea)
Total annual investment: $9,498
What each thing is
- Silver Brand package — This well-rounded marketing package gets your message across to hard-to-reach local consumers. Premium brand packages include everything you need to consistently and effectively reach your target audience. It includes a Sidebar ad, Email Newsletter ad and quarterly Promoted Posts at a discounted package rate.
- Sidebar ad — This “always on” 300x250px display ad is visible 100% of the time on the desktop homepage (~40-50% of our desktop traffic), and in rotation on mobile pages. It is our most in-demand ad position for its versatility and low effective per-ad impression rate.
- Email Newsletter ad — Your 200x400px ad is placed on the righthand side of our popular, daily email newsletter, which is sent to more than 12,500 subscribers and opened more than 50% of the time.
- Promoted Post — This is a sponsored article that is published on the homepage like any other article on the site, but it’s specifically intended to promote you and your business. The post can contain photos, embedded videos, polls and more. The Promoted Post is visible on the homepage for an average of 24 hours, but remains on the site indefinitely beyond that, is further promoted on our popular Facebook and Twitter accounts, and is linked to in our email newsletter. If desired, we’ll write the post for you for free. (See screenshot below)
- Biweekly feature or column — Every other week, you will get to connect with ARLnow’s tens of thousands of daily readers, social media followers and email subscribers. A biweekly feature or column makes you the star on our site, allowing you to build a brand, engage with consumers and stay top of mind. Both the feature and the column are intended to be primarily informational in nature and written by (or on behalf) of you. Examples of sponsored features include our popular Just Listed and Just Reduced real estate features, which link to residential properties that were just listed on the market or reduced in price, sending thousands of clicks each week or our clients. Sponsored columns, which are less of a utility and more about personal views and insights, have established companies and firms as local experts on a given topic. Column examples include the Beermonger, Legal Insider, Rethink Energy and Neighborhood Spotlight.
- Email Blast — This is a dedicated email blast sent to our more than 10,000 opt-in email subscribers. The blast consists of our logo and a large image that communicates your message in an event more visual way.
Why we think this works best
- Keeping a long-term display ad presence on the site helps keep your brand and message within eyeshot of most Arlingtonians year-round. With the Silver Package, you have two display ads: on the sidebar of the site’s homepage and our popular email newsletter.
- One Promoted Post is good, but four over the course of the year will keep your company in the local conversation every season. You can use it to promote seasonal offerings or to just keep your company and its products or services top of mind.
- If you’re willing to put in a bit more work on the content creation side, our sponsored features and columns have proven popular with clients and readers alike. Make yourself the go-to local expert on a topic, or use the power of our reach to provide useful and valuable information to readers — and in turn receive hundreds or even thousands of new visits to your website each week. Done right, this is the most powerful branding vehicle we offer, and — one could argue — the future of local advertising writ large.
You might also consider…
If you’re looking for a bigger, more immediate near-term impact, consider a shorter-term advertising option.
Availability for the above solutions is limited and offered on a first-come, first serve basis. To book you campaign or if you have more questions, use the following form to get in touch or call us our business team at 703-348-0583.