This Community Post was written by Embracing Arlington Arts and underwritten by Washington Workplace, a Columbia Pike-based designer of innovative, high-functioning work environments which is proud to support the arts in Arlington.
Embracing Arlington Arts is hosting the 2nd Annual Celebration of the Arts in Arlington!
Enjoy music from The Walkaways. Eat delicious food/desserts from 18 restaurants. Toast the arts with wine, beer and bubbly. Dress as artwork to win a $250 car detail voucher donated by Mercedes Benz; two runner-ups will win $75 Copperwood Tavern coupons. 100% of the proceeds will benefit our campaign to build a performing arts/live music venue in Arlington! Buy tickets at: https://www.artful.ly/store/events/16017.
These dignitaries will serve as costume contest judges:
- Congressman Don Beyer
- County Board Vice Chair Christian Dorsey
- NBC4 Anchor/Reporter Doreen Gentzler
- Fox 5 DC Reporter Anjali Hemphill
- Freelance Writer/Reviewer Jane Horwitz
Thanks to these companies/individuals for sponsorships!
- Fred Schnider Investment Group/Gallery of Art
- Ballston BID
- Natalie Roy, Bicycling Realty/Keller Williams
- CSR Communications
- Glenn Lewis, McEnearney Associates
Providing food are:
- Ballston — Bistro 1521; Cheesetique; Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken; Uncle Julio’s
- Clarendon – Ambar/Baba Bar; Artisan Confections; CIRCA, Fireworks Pizza; Lyon Hall; Me Jana; Whitlow’s on Wilson; Wilson Hardware
- Harrison Shopping Center – Sushi Zen
- Lyon Village – Portabellos
- Rosslyn – Heavy Seas Alehouse
- Shirlington – Palette 22
- Virginia Square – ROCKLANDS Barbeque and Grilling Company
- Westover – Lebanese Taverna
No celebration is complete without drinks so THANKS to our beverage sponsors. New District Brewing Company will serve original brews. Our wine partner is A Life Well Drunk.