Held on the spectacular grounds of the National Cathedral, the annual One Journey Festival celebrates the talents and stories of refugees and other displaced people.
Emceed by popular TV personality Tommy McFLY, this free, family-friendly event features a dynamic lineup of performers and storytellers that includes:
- Kabul Dreams — Afghanistan’s first rock band
- Pihcintu Multicultural Chorus — acclaimed all-girl chorus of former refugees
from around the globe
- Jay Abdo — Syrian actor, activist and recent Syrian TV star
- Jorge Glem & Cesar Orozco — unique fusion of traditional Latin music &
- Cheick Hamala Diabate – soul-stirring “king of the n’goni” and his band in
the griot tradition
- Hussein Smko — Iraqi dancer, choreographer, and founder of the Project Tag
Plus: celebrity speakers, multicultural dance lessons, sports activities, live conversations with refugees around the world via Shared Studios video portal, Unity Parade, Tech Tent and VR presentations, Global Marketplace, International Food Lane, Take Action Tent, and the Kid’s Corner with world-of-welcome kite-making.
This year’s One Journey Festival takes on an added tone of welcome, support, and unity in light of recent and unfolding events in Ukraine and Afghanistan. These countries will be represented in Festival programming, which includes refugee performers and speakers from countries around the world. It’s a day of hope, inspiration, and fun at one of the summer’s most eagerly anticipated events.