Editor’s Note: Healthy Paws is a column sponsored and written by the owners of Clarendon Animal Care, a full-service, general practice veterinary clinic. The clinic is located 3000 10th Street N., Suite B. and can be reached at 703-997-9776.
While your pet is likely already at the top of the holiday shopping list (because who doesn’t love shopping for our pets?!), in case you needed some ideas, here are a few of our favorite pet and pet-lover gift ideas:
- Dog Blueprints (and Cat Blueprints) — Super cute prints of your favorite species. Available in “mutt” too.
- Slow feeder bowls — For the dog or cat that eats their food before it’s hit the bowl! These nifty bowls help to slow down eating times and also provide entertainment for your pet.
- Flik-it ball tosser — In case you have a sore arm from tossing the ball over and over…and over and over…and over and over…
- Furminator — This shedding tool is amazing! You could probably create a new pet with the hair will get off.
- An airplane cat house — The picture says it all!
- L.L.Bean pet beds — Easily washable, and generous sizing to boot.
- BarkBox — A monthly box of goodies, delivered to your door! They come with size-appropriate toys and treats and keep those dogs active and engaged.
- Meowbox — Get unique cat toys and treats every month! These toys and treats are selected to cater to your kitty’s discriminating taste.
- ASPCA Slip-On — Stylish and supports a great cause!
- GPS Tracking Collars — While your pet might object to “big brother” following his or her every move, this could prove invaluable if they aren’t so well-versed in the “come” command or tend to venture off on their own. (And if nothing else it can be entertaining to follow their whereabouts during the day.)
- The Animal Welfare League of Arlington has a wish list of needed items
- Lucky Dog Rescue is always looking for food and supplies to care for their fosters
- Homeward Trails is always in need of animal, cleaning and office supplies
At Clarendon Animal Care, we have donation collection boxes set up for the Animal Welfare League of Arlington and Lucky Dog Rescue. Drop off needed goods and we’ll get them delivered at the end of the month!
We hope everyone and their fur-kids have a safe, healthy and love-filled holiday.
The views and opinions expressed in the column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of ARLnow.com.
(Updated at 1:30 p.m.) Firefighters from Arlington and neighboring jurisdictions battled a house fire near Shirlington. Fire companies were initially dispatched to the Windgate townhouse development on the 2500 block…
The latest Ask Eli discusses master insurance and individual insurance policies, and the common gaps between the two.
A new restaurant called Surreal is coming to the private park space in front of a Crystal City office building. “Surreal” will offer both indoor dining and outdoor dining in…
Arlington police are investigating gunshots reportedly fired from a vehicle in the Shirlington area.