Founded in 2010, ARLnow.com is Arlington’s most-read and most-loved local news and lifestyle publication.
Boasting a highly-engaged audience of about a quarter million monthly users, ARLnow is nationally-recognized as one of the country’s most successful and innovative online-only local news outlets. A 2018 Arlington County survey shows that ARLnow is the No. 1 source of local information for Arlington residents, above the Washington Post and the county government’s own website.
Our goal is to make it as easy and affordable to achieve your local marketing goals as possible.
Local businesses: let’s find the best solution for you. What kind of a campaign are you planning? Click on the most relevant link for recommendations. (Note: this page is currently being updated and this feature may not yet be fully functional.)
- Short-run campaign…
- …to promote an event or other special promotion
- …to sell things or gain new customers
- …to generally promote my business and gain awareness
- …to promote a real estate listing
- …to promote a one-time special offer
- Medium-run campaign…
- …to promote a big public event
- …to promote a business opening
- …to promote a seasonal offering or provide a temporary brand boost
- Ongoing campaign…
- …with an annual budget of ~$5,000
- …with an annual budget of ~$10,000
- …with an annual budget of ~$15,000
- …with an annual budget of ~$20,000
- …with an annual budget of ~$25,000
Have a need that isn’t listed above? Get in touch via the form below.
If your budget is under $100, there are two self-serve options for you: post a Featured Event to promote a public event or submit a Community Post for publication on our homepage and in our email newsletter.
Want to reach another valuable local audience? We also publish ALXnow (Alexandria), Reston Now (Reston and Herndon) and Tysons Reporter (Tysons, McLean, Vienna, Merrifield and Falls Church), and handle sales for PoPville (D.C.).
How We Work for You
Our team believes that great local advertising helps to supplement great local content. We work with advertisers to craft campaigns that are effective at reaching a large, local audience and achieving your marketing goals.
Our advertising philosophy in a nutshell:
- Relevance: Communicate a value proposition that is genuinely of interest to your target audience.
- Authenticity: Emphasize your local connection and tell readers about yourself in a personal, authentic way.
- Actionability: Give highly-engaged readers a way to purchase, sign up or learn more.
- Brevity: Readers value their time, so keep it concise.
Our advertisers are passionate about Arlington and enhancing the local community. And they’ve seen real, meaningful results with ARLnow. We’ve sold out events, filled patient schedules and helped home sellers get multiple offers. You can read a recent collection of client case studies here.
Our Power Readers = Your Potential Customers
The typical ARLnow reader is an affluent young professional between the age of 25-44, per Quantcast data and Google Analytics. But we also reach a wide range of locals, including military families, local government leaders and long-time Arlington residents.
- Monthly unique visitors: ~250,000
- Ages 25-44: 53%
- Income $100k+: 51%
- Has kids: 43%
- Reading on mobile device: 43%
- Repeat visitors: 82% of visits
- Politically engaged: 79%
Reader favorites (relative to average U.S. resident):
- Car brands: Volvo, Audi, Lexus
- Consumer interests: Coffee, cultural arts, gourmet cooking, photography, real estate, personal finance
- Other affinity: Careers, investments, travel, news and politics, K-12 education, travel, home and garden
- TV shows: The Americans, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
- TV networks: MSNBC, PBS, CNN, HGTV, ESPN
- Social media following: Facebook (27k), Twitter (43k), Instagram (4k)
- Top professions: Non-profit, active military, government, media and technology, legal
- Top Mosaic USA profiles: “Young, city solos;” “Power elite;” “Booming with confidence;” “Flourishing families;” “Significant singles”
- Top locations accessing site: Arlington, Va.; Washington, DC; Alexandria, Va.; Falls Church, Va.
- Top non-ISP visitor domains: Arlington County government, DoD, DoS, DoJ, Microsoft, U.S. House of Representatives, FDIC, USPTO, U.S. Senate, Amazon.
Who We Are
The team working hard to bring you ARLnow daily is…
- Scott Brodbeck, founder and publisher
- Jordan Ciminelli, director of operations
- Turquoise Jackson, content manger
- Dwayne Stewart, marketing manager
- Alex Koma, managing editor
- Vernon Miles, reporter
Want to work with us to achieve your marketing goals? Fill out the form above, drop us an email at [email protected] or give us a call (703) 348-0583.
By the way, if you’re looking for a way to get in touch with the news staff, this is not it. Our news contact info is here.