Founded in 2010, ARLnow.com is Arlington’s most-read and most-loved local news and lifestyle publication.
Boasting a highly-engaged audience of nearly a quarter million monthly users, ARLnow is nationally-recognized as one of the country’s most successful and innovative online-only local news outlets. Locally, a 2018 Arlington County survey shows that ARLnow is the No. 1 source of local information for Arlington residents, above the Washington Post and the county government’s own website.
Our team believes that great local advertising helps to supplement great local content. Our advertising philosophy in a nutshell: audience, attention, awareness, affinity and actionability.
Our advertisers are passionate about Arlington and enhancing the local community. And they’ve seen real, meaningful results with ARLnow. We’ve sold out events, filled patient schedules and helped home sellers get multiple offers. You can read a recent collection of client case studies here.
To get in touch with us, fill out our contact form below, shoot us an email at [email protected] or give us a call at (703) 348-0583.
See our latest Media Kit for advertising and sponsored content options and pricing.
For express service, get the sponsored content process started now by filling out this form.
How We Work for You
Our goal is to partner with companies to create great local advertising that readers actually want to see and engage with.
We work with our advertisers to craft campaigns that are effective at reaching a large, local audience and achieving their marketing goals. Informative, native advertising is what we do best.
Here’s what else we think goes into local advertising that works:
- Relevance: Communicate a value proposition that is genuinely of interest to your target audience readers.
- Authenticity: Emphasize your local connection and communicate on a personal, native level.
- Actionability: Give highly-engaged viewers a way to purchase, sign up or learn more.
- Brevity: Readers value their time, so keep it concise.
Our Power Readers = Your Potential Customers
The typical ARLnow reader is an affluent young professional between the age of 25-44, per Quantcast data and Google Analytics. But we also reach a wide range of locals, including military families, local government leaders and long-time Arlington residents.
- Monthly unique visitors: ~250,000
- Ages 25-44: 53%
- Income $100k+: 51%
- Has kids: 43%
- Reading on mobile device: 43%
- Repeat visitors: 82% of visits
- Politically engaged: 79%
Reader favorites (relative to average U.S. resident):
- Car brands: Volvo, Audi, Lexus
- Consumer interests: Coffee, cultural arts, gourmet cooking, photography, real estate, personal finance
- Other affinity: Careers, investments, travel, news and politics, K-12 education, travel, home and garden
- TV shows: The Americans, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
- TV networks: MSNBC, PBS, CNN, HGTV, ESPN
- Social media following: Facebook (26k), Twitter (42k), Instagram (2.5k)
- Top professions: Non-profit, active military, government, media and technology, legal
- Top Mosaic USA profiles: “Young, city solos;” “Power elite;” “Booming with confidence;” “Flourishing families;” “Significant singles”
- Top locations accessing site: Arlington, Va.; Washington, DC; Alexandria, Va.; Falls Church, Va.
- Top non-ISP visitor domains: Arlington County government, DoD, DoS, DoJ, Microsoft, U.S. House of Representatives, FDIC, USPTO, U.S. Senate, Amazon.
Who We Are
The team working hard to bring you ARLnow daily is…
- Scott Brodbeck, founder and publisher
- Jordan Ciminelli, director of operations
- Dwayne Stewart, marketing manager
- Alex Koma, managing editor
- Catherine Moran, reporter
Want to work with us to achieve your marketing goals? Fill out the form below, drop us an email at [email protected] or give us a call (703) 348-0583.
By the way, if you’re looking for a way to get in touch with the news staff, this is not it. Our news contact info is here.