Arlington County’s police and fire departments will commemorate National Night Out by holding neighborhood visits at events across the county from 5-9 p.m. tonight (Aug. 7).
In its 35th year, National Night Out strives to build relationships between police and the communities they serve, in part to help increase crime prevention awareness.
The county invites residents to “lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend an evening outside with neighbors, police officers, firefighters and elected officials.”
Events will be held at the following locations:
- Arlington Forest (200 block of N. Galveston Street) at 7:45 p.m.
- Cathcart Springs (4600 block of 4th Road N.) at 6:30 p.m.
- Nauck Town Square (24th Road S. and S. Shirlington Road) from 5-7 p.m.
- Park Glen (824 S. Arlington Mill Drive, between buildings 812-816) at 6:30 p.m.
- The Observation Deck at CEB Tower (1800 N. Lynn Street) from 5-9 p.m.
Photo via Arlington County