Arlington County’s police and fire departments will commemorate National Night Out by holding neighborhood visits at events across the county from 5-9 p.m. tonight (Aug. 7).
In its 35th year, National Night Out strives to build relationships between police and the communities they serve, in part to help increase crime prevention awareness.
The county invites residents to “lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend an evening outside with neighbors, police officers, firefighters and elected officials.”
Events will be held at the following locations:
- Arlington Forest (200 block of N. Galveston Street) at 7:45 p.m.
- Cathcart Springs (4600 block of 4th Road N.) at 6:30 p.m.
- Nauck Town Square (24th Road S. and S. Shirlington Road) from 5-7 p.m.
- Park Glen (824 S. Arlington Mill Drive, between buildings 812-816) at 6:30 p.m.
- The Observation Deck at CEB Tower (1800 N. Lynn Street) from 5-9 p.m.
Photo via Arlington County
Tucked away in an Arlington County storage facility is a shattered Tiffany Studios stained glass window of Jesus Christ in the act of blessing those who gaze on him. For…
Dropping nearly 40 feet from a platform above, a climber cut the ribbon on the “finest ropes course in the Mid-Atlantic.” Located at Upton Hill Regional Park on Wilson Blvd…
(Updated at 1:45 p.m.) A man suffered injuries that are reported to be life-threatening after an on-the-job accident in the Old Glebe neighborhood. Police and medics were dispatched to a…
Included in the latest Open Houses is a 3 BD/2.5 BA brick townhome with a gas fireplace and two garage parking spaces.