Arlington County’s police and fire departments will commemorate National Night Out by holding neighborhood visits at events across the county from 5-9 p.m. tonight (Aug. 7).
In its 35th year, National Night Out strives to build relationships between police and the communities they serve, in part to help increase crime prevention awareness.
The county invites residents to “lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend an evening outside with neighbors, police officers, firefighters and elected officials.”
Events will be held at the following locations:
- Arlington Forest (200 block of N. Galveston Street) at 7:45 p.m.
- Cathcart Springs (4600 block of 4th Road N.) at 6:30 p.m.
- Nauck Town Square (24th Road S. and S. Shirlington Road) from 5-7 p.m.
- Park Glen (824 S. Arlington Mill Drive, between buildings 812-816) at 6:30 p.m.
- The Observation Deck at CEB Tower (1800 N. Lynn Street) from 5-9 p.m.
Photo via Arlington County
Local Republicans nominated Arlington resident Karina Lipsman on Saturday to seek the U.S. House seat currently held by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.). Early voting is underway for the primary to…
An Arlington man is facing charges after allegedly shoving and threatening a county parking aide. The incident happened Thursday afternoon along S. Lowell Street in the Green Valley neighborhood. “At…
Fill your days with adventure as District Fray Magazine compiles a list of 26 things to do this summer.
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Two companies that help…