Join

UPDATED: Firefighters Called to Scene of Smoke-Filled Old Glebe Home

(Updated at 10:45 a.m.) Firefighters were called to a home in the Old Glebe neighborhood this morning (Tuesday) for reports of a fire, only to discover faulty equipment was simply filling the home with smoke.

First responders were called to the 4500 block of N. Dittmar Road around 9 a.m. today. Fire department spokesman Ben O’Bryant said they then discovered a “haze of smoke” in the home.

However, they subsequently found that a “bad HVAC unit” was the culprit, not any actual fire.

Photo via Google Maps

Recent Stories

President Joe Biden paid a visit to Arlington and the recently-renovated Lubber Run Park, in support of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s Virginia gubernatorial bid.

With one month to go before school starts, parents are being urged to enroll their kids in some Arlington public schools amid a continued drop in enrollment. Screenshots and emails…

When Marjorie Tarantino was closing on the purchase of her townhouse this spring, she learned there were problems with the deck. Tarantino had bought a property in the Richard Bassett…

We just wanted to take a moment to thank you to everyone who has joined the new ARLnow Press Club over the past week! Counting our existing Patreon supporters, who…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list