The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments has declared a drought watch for the region. Residents and businesses are being asked to help conserve water.
Ways you can help:
- Limiting the watering of lawns, plants and shrubs
- Using a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks and driveways
- Using a commercial car wash that recycles water
- Repairing leaking toilets and faucets
- Reducing shower length to under 5 minutes
- Turning off water while brushing your teeth
- Washing full loads in dish and clothes washers
The forecast shows lots of sun over the next week. Only one day has even a possibility of rain.
A Northern Virginia woman likely has monkeypox, the Virginia Dept. of Health announced today. In a press release Thursday afternoon, VDH said the woman was isolating at home and not…
The Arlington County Board today called for action to stem the tide of gun violence, while groups of students around the county held walkouts in response to the elementary school shooting in Texas.
A time-honored, pre-Memorial Day tradition took place at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. More than 1,000 soldiers with the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, as…
A new sushi restaurant has opened in Rosslyn in a long-vacant, off-the-beaten-path space.