The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments has declared a drought watch for the region. Residents and businesses are being asked to help conserve water.
Ways you can help:
- Limiting the watering of lawns, plants and shrubs
- Using a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks and driveways
- Using a commercial car wash that recycles water
- Repairing leaking toilets and faucets
- Reducing shower length to under 5 minutes
- Turning off water while brushing your teeth
- Washing full loads in dish and clothes washers
The forecast shows lots of sun over the next week. Only one day has even a possibility of rain.