Updated at 10:50 a.m. Start going through your medicine cabinets and gathering your unused medications. Arlington County officials will be on hand for National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on Saturday.
Police and fire officials throughout the county will allow anyone with unused or expired medication to drop it off at designated sites for safe disposal. The program works to prevent prescription drugs from getting into the wrong hands and being abused. It also prevents medications from being disposed of improperly, such as being flushed down the toilet or thrown in the garbage.
You can bring any unwanted medication to the following locations on Saturday from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.:
- Arlington Fire Station #9, 1900 S. Walter Reed Dr.
- Arlington Fire Station #8, 4845 Lee Hwy.
- Arlington Fire Station #1, 500 S. Glebe Rd.
- Henderson Hall MCX, 1555 Southgate Rd., Ft. Myer
- Ft. Myer PX, 210 McNair Rd., Ft. Myer
- Pentagon Parking Lot, 551 Army Navy Dr.
- Chief of Staff Support Office, 111 S. George Mason Dr.