Residents are being encouraged to go out to celebrate Neighborhood Day on Saturday.
The goal of the annual event is to get people out into their communities to have some fun and connect with their neighbors. Events are planned throughout the county, some aimed at local communities and others for all Arlington residents.
A full list of activities can be found on the Neighborhood Day website, which is updated as new entries come in. Here are a few of the events:
- Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive — Residents can leave a bag of non-perishable food at their mailboxes for letter carriers to collect. The food will be donated to the Arlington Food Assistance Center. Email [email protected] or call (703) 845-8486 for details.
- Ashton Heights Yard Sale — From 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Dozens of homes will be participating in this year’s sale, which will feature household goods, collectibles, baby clothes, toys, books, and more. There is a Yard Sale Map showing the participating homes.
- Dominion Hills Neighborhood Day Festival and Potluck Supper — From 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Dominion Hills Park (1060 N. Liberty Street). Kids can enjoy a moon bounce, face painting, games, prizes and free snow cones. A concert band and a deejay will provide music. Free burgers and hot dogs are provided, but guests are invited to bring a salad, favorite dish or dessert to share.
- Fairlington Great American Cookie Bake Sale — From 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the Fairlington Community Center (3308 S. Stafford Street). Residents will donate home baked cookies to sell to benefit Share Our Strength, a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating childhood hunger.
- ‘Arlington Kids Read’ Community Read-a-Thon Kickoff — From 2:00-5:00 p.m. at the Central Library (1015 N. Quincy Street). There will be continuous read-alouds, crafts and treats. Kids can pick up their Read-a-Thon log books and get more information about how to track their time spent reading. More information about the Community Read-a-Thon will be provided at the event, and can also be found online.
- Teen Night at TJ Café — From 9:00-11:00 p.m. at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center (3501 2nd Street S). For $2, middle and high school students get access to basketball, soccer, ping pong and pool tables. For $3, guests can purchase an activity card to access the rock wall, inflatables, giant human hamster balls and roller skating. Food will be available for purchase. Contact Kevin Clements for details at (703) 228-4729 or [email protected].
- “Among Women” Expo — From 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at the Gates of Ballston Community Center (4108 4th Street N). Arlington’s Community Outreach Program hosts the event, which will include a range of programs such as a self-defense class, arts and crafts projects, and sessions on how to maintain healthy relationships. Marga Fripp, founder and president of Empowered Women International will be the featured speaker. Call (703) 228-1317 for details.
Arlington County’s Dept. of Parks and Recreation says it has a surfeit of programs for teens — but not enough teens to fill them. Between July 2021 and June 2022,…
The Old Bike Shop closed earlier this year in Lyon Park, after a decade in business, but a new bike shop is moving in. Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative, based at 2111…
The local small business Red Bean Harvest that imports authentic Colombian coffee is highlighted in Small Business Focus.
A nearly decade-old 5K race through Fairlington supporting a local girl with a rare disease is canceled, possibly indefinitely. Since 2014, hundreds of Arlingtonians and visitors have participated in the…
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
Are you feeling overwhelmed or struggling to cope with life’s challenges? You’re not alone. Mental health issues are more common than you might think, and seeking help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Our counseling service provides a safe, supportive environment where you can explore your feelings, identify negative thought patterns, and learn coping skills to manage your symptoms. Lauren is trained in evidence-based practices and specializes in a range of mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, trauma, and addiction.
We understand that seeking counseling can be intimidating, but we believe that everyone deserves to live a fulfilling, happy life. Our approach is non-judgmental and compassionate, and we work collaboratively with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs and goals.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our service is a good fit for you. Reach out at https://peacefulmindsolutions.com or call (703) 994-0300 to set up a consultation.
Singin’ in the Rain
The “Greatest Movie Musical of All Time” is faithfully and lovingly adapted for the stage by Broadway legends, Betty Comden and Adolph Green, from their original award-winning screenplay. Each unforgettable scene, song and dance is accounted for, including the show-stopping
5 Tips for Buying Your Dream Home – A Free…
Are you planning to move in the next 12 months but feeling overwhelmed by the current real estate market’s low inventory and high mortgage rates? Join us for a short seminar where we’ll provide 5 tips to help you find