Arlington County Police will help with road closures for the Bike DC event this Sunday, May 13.
Bike DC is an annual non-competitive bike ride through the District and Arlington. Participants get up close looks at parts of the metro area they typically might not be able to while riding a bike.
A portion of the proceeds for the event will go to the Washington Area Bicyclist Association. The full ride is 24 miles long, and the family ride is 11 miles long.
Road closures will begin around 6:00 a.m. and end around noon. The following streets will be closed:
- Route 50 East & Westbound ramps to Meade/Lynn Street
- Northbound Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Rosslyn
- Southbound Route 110 from Rosslyn to Crystal City
- Marshall Drive between Meade Street & Route 110
- Eastbound Washington Boulevard from Memorial Bridge to Columbia Pike
- Westbound Columbia Pike from the Pentagon to the Air Force Memorial
Residents who live in the affected areas will be given reasonable access to their homes when there is a break in the action. Those who live along N. Meade Street adjacent to the Marine Corps Memorial will be allowed to come and go with police assistance.
The cost to participate is $40 for an adult full ride, $30 for an adult family ride, $25 for a youth full ride, $15 for a youth family ride and free for children 12 and under. Registration is available on Bike DC’s website.