Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, so fans of the holiday have a number of opportunities to attend events over the next few days. There are numerous events for adults at the area bars and restaurants, but here is a list of some family friendly activities for participants of all ages:
- Halloween Harvest (5:15-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 24) — Buyers and Renters Arlington Voice (BRAVO) is hosting a community gardening event. There will be face painting, a treasure hunt, pumpkin decorating and healthy snacks fresh from the garden. Attendees can learn more about community gardens at the free event, which will be held at Whitefield Commons (106 N. Thomas Street).
- Fire Pit of Horror (6:00-8:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27) — Join Arlington’s WSC Avant Bard at the Lubber Run Park fire ring as performers bring classic horror tales to life. There will be readings of works by Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. Costumes are optional, but encouraged. The event is free, but attendees are asked to RSVP online.
- Douglas Park Halloween Trail of Terror (7:00-9:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 27) — A haunted trail located at 1620 S. Quincy Street in the Douglas Park neighborhood. Attendees are asked to bring canned goods or nonperishable items for donation to the Arlington Food Assistance Center.
- Trick or Treat with Shirlie (2:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27) — The Village at Shirlington is encouraging patrons to dress up in costumes while enjoying free treats at the restaurants and shops. Several of the businesses will have promotions, face painting, crafts and other activities. A list of all participating businesses can be found online. Entries for the pumpkin carving contest can be dropped off at the Hilton Garden Inn from 8:00-10:00 a.m. on Saturday, and the winner will receive a $100 gift card to One, Two Kangaroo Toys.
- FALLoween (10:00 a.m-2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27) — Market Common (2700 Clarendon Blvd) will hold its annual free event featuring a petting zoo, face painting, music and trick or treating at some of the businesses. A performance by Rocknocerous kicks off the event at 10:00 a.m. People and pets are invited to join in the costume parade at noon.
- Halloween Party (1:00-4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27) — Walter Reed Community Center (2909 16th Street S.) will host a special day for kids ages 3-11. Activities at the free event include carnival games, moon bounces, crafts, a costume parade and prizes.
- Ghostbusters Viewing (8:00-10:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27) — Take in a showing of the classic movie “Ghostbusters” in the Dome Theater at Artisphere. Tickets are $8 and can be purchased online.
A listing of some pet friendly Halloween activities can be found in a previous article.
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 13308 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
Thursday will be another Code Red air quality alert day for Arlington and the D.C. area. The good news, though, is that some relief from the wildfire smoke is in…
Exquisite renovation and thoughtful design only 2 blocks to Ballston Metro!
Arlington’s preeminent youth soccer league is nixing white shorts. The Arlington Soccer Association announced yesterday that it would replace white shorts with blue shorts, starting in the fall. The move…
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
🌿 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐑𝐞𝐣𝐮𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 🌿 Local business is the heart of a strong community, and at Emerald Massage Center, we’re proud to be a vital part of that heartbeat. Our passionate team of Licensed Massage Therapists is dedicated to providing you with a sanctuary of relaxation, rejuvenation, and renewal.
🌟 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐞 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 🌟
Our wide range of massage services includes Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, sports massage, hot stone, aromatherapy, and more — all tailored to your individual needs. Whether you’re seeking relief from stress, muscle tension, or chronic pain, our skilled therapists will help you achieve total wellness.
🏆 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 🏆
Nighthawk Brewery & Pizza to Host Brewers Got Your Back…
Nighthawk Brewery & Pizza at Westpost (formerly Pentagon Row) in Arlington, Va., will host Brewers Got Your Back on Saturday, June 17.
Brewers Got Your Back is an event in partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to raise
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers