A number of road and government closures will be in place on Monday for the observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and for the Presidential Inauguration.
The following government offices will be closed on Monday, January 21:
- Parks, community centers and nature centers (except Barcroft Sports and Fitness Center, which is open from 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.)
- Human Services
Parking meters will not be enforced on Monday. Trash and recycling pickup will run on a normal schedule, but the call center will be closed.
ART will run a Saturday schedule on Routes 41, 51, 77 & 87. ART will also run a special Inauguration schedule on the ART 42. All other routes will not operate. Metrorail will be open on Monday from 4:00 a.m. until 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Rush hour service runs from 4:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. and peak fares will be in effect.
The following roads and bridges will be closed or restricted on Monday for the Inauguration:
- I-395 HOV northbound lanes will close at 9:00 a.m. HOV lanes on I-395 will re-open southbound at the end of the Inaugural address. I-395 main lanes and I-66 will be open to all traffic.
- All traffic on the 14th Street Bridge will be diverted by MPD onto the Southeast/Southwest freeway beginning at 5:30 a.m.
- Traffic coming across the Teddy Roosevelt Bridge will be diverted into northbound Potomac River Expressway to Pennsylvania Avenue or Whitehurst Freeway/K Street.
- Memorial Bridge is restricted to pedestrians and authorized vehicles only.
In addition to the numerous road closures in the District, U.S. Park Police will also close the following Virginia roads starting at 5:00 a.m. on Monday:
- Route 27/Washington Blvd at Route 50 Bypass (at 5:30 a.m. when ACPD closes Route 27, closure moves to Northbound George Washington Memorial Parkway ramp to Memorial Bridge)
- Southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway at the ramp to Memorial Bridge
- Southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway at the ramp to Southbound Route 27/Washington Blvd
- Southbound Boundary Channel Drive at the ramp to Route 27/Washington Blvd
- Northbound Route 110 ramp to Memorial Drive. All vehicles will be forced to take a left to Arlington National Cemetery. All vehicles exiting Arlington National Cemetery must take Route 110 South.
In Green Valley, resident Portia Clark says she and her neighbors are bombarded with calls and letters from realtors and potential investors about buying their homes. “We were once a…
Don’t forget to sign up for the 2023 Winter Leagues with DC Fray that include soccer, cornhole and more.
Crime doesn’t pay, the saying goes, and that is particularly true if you get punched during a failed robbery attempt. According to Arlington County police, that’s what happened early this…
Small Business Focus spotlights the Shop Local Winter Bazaar taking place Dec. 17-18 with over 100 local vendors to shop from.
With holiday season around the corner, it is easy to put your health on the back burner. If you are looking to get back on track during the holiday season, we are here to keep you accountable. At Aspire Higher Training, we offer 1-1 Personal Training for ALL fitness levels, Semi-Private Group Training, Sport Specific Training and Injury Prevention/Post Physical Therapy Training. Monica and her team of trainers are available across Arlington, Va.
If you don’t have access to a gym, no problem, we are located in South Arlington, but if you want to workout from your home/apartment gym, we also offer that flexibility. We make it as convenient as possible. Before getting started, we offer a free 15-30 minute consultation call to see how we can best help you towards your health and fitness goals. Let’s gets started on your health and fitness goals today by setting up a call at your earliest convenience: https://www.aspirehigherfitness.com/contact
Hello Everyone — You are invited to the final meeting of NAACP Arlington Branch NAACP for 2022
When: Dec 12, 2022, 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: 2022 General Membership Meeting — NAACP Arlington Branch
Register in advance for this webinar
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
7:00 pm Meeting Opens.
7:30 pm Installation
8:00 pm Presentation/Q&A; by Dave Schutz on Ranked Choice Voting
8:30 pm Final Remarks and Comments by Newly Elected Members
9:00 pm Meeting Adjourns
Installation Official Robert N. Barnette, Jr. President, Virginia State Conference NAACP The President of the Virginia State Conference NAACP will serve as the Installation Official and provide remarks for our newly elected officers at the general membership.
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah