The Shirlala Music Festival begins June 12 with urban folk rock artist Justin Trawick, performing in the plaza in front of Signature Theatre (4200 Campbell Avenue) from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The concerts will take place every Thursday through August 21.
The festival will also include a weekly $5 wine tasting, with the proceeds going to benefit the Arlington Food Assistance Center. The concerts themselves are free for the public.
Here is the schedule of performers:
- June 12 — Justin Trawick (urban folk rock)
- June 19 — The Morrison Brothers (Southern rock)
- June 26 — King Teddy (swing)
- July 3 — Taylor Carson (acoustic rock)
- July 10 — Down Wilson (pop rock cover band)
- July 17 — Scott Paddock (jazz)
- July 24 — Ewabo (tropical steel drums)
- July 31 — The Shack Band (Southern funk)
- Aug. 7 — Paul Pfau (pop, rock & blues)
- Aug. 14 — Lloyd Dobler Effect (80s & 90s cover band)
- Aug. 21 — Dan Haas Trio (pop rock)
JINYA Ramen Bar is set to open its newest location in Ballston this weekend. The noodle eatery says its official opening will happen this Saturday (May 21) at 11 a.m….
Chris Horton, Arlington County’s independent auditor since 2016, is leaving his post. Horton was hired in late 2016 after previously serving in the Office of Auditor General at Fairfax County…
Metro Delays Due to Safety Snafu — “Metro’s Chief Safety Officer reports that nearly half of Metro’s 500 rail operators have lapsed recertification… In consultation with the Board of Directors, Metro…
Explore the tight-knit community and cyclist friendly neighborhood of Waycroft and Woodlawn in Neighborhood Spotlight.