This evening, from 5:00-9:00 p.m., businesses in the Village at Shirlington will be teaming up to host “an unforgettable chocolate-themed experience.”
Fifteen restaurants and shops are participating in “Shirlie’s Chocolate Crawl,” with free mini-chocolate ganache and chocolate and cream cheese cupcakes at Best Buns and a free chocolate tasting at Cheesetique among the offerings.
The event itself is free for participants, who must register online. With the temperature expected to be in the mid-70s and no rain in sight, the event should draw dozens, if not hundreds, of chocolate lovers to the streets of Shirlington.
Here is a list of the participating businesses, according to the event website:
- Ah! Love Oil and Vinegar — An opportunity to meet the gourmet shop’s “Chocolate master” and pair spices and chocolates.
- Best Buns — Free mini cupcakes in chocolate ganache and chocolate cream cheese flavors, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. while supplies last.
- Blue Sea Seafood & Bar — Complimentary chocolate strawberries and $5 chocolate martinis. From 4:00-7:00 p.m., Blue Sea is serving $1 oysters.
- Bungalow Sports Grill — $4 “coco loco” shooters.
- Busboys & Poets — The café will be serving $9 chocolate martinis, $7 gluten-free hazelnut chocolate, $6 chocolate layer cake and $6 white chocolate banana bread pudding.
- Café Pizzaiolo –House-fried dough with chocolate drizzle, paired with two 4-ounce chocolate stouts ($10 sharing plate for two) and a chocolate stout float ($7 single serving).
- Cheesetique — Meet Rob Kingsbury of Kingsbury Chocolates and enjoy a free chocolate tasting from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Plus, happy hour from 4:00-7:00 p.m., including $2 off all beer/wine, $4 off all three-item or more cheeseboards.
- Copperwood Tavern — Serving “Shirlie’s Raspberry Chocolate Martini” made with Bailey’s, Stoli Vanilla, Kahlua and Chocolate Raspberry sweet moonshine.
- Dogma Bakery — 15 percent off all chocolate or expresso colored beds, and limited time only carob coated bully sticks.
- Hardwood Artisans — “Fresh baked Ghirardelli Brownies & other goods. Perhaps some wine, too.”
- Le Village Marche — 10-40 percent items in the store, with free chocolate giveaways. The signature item for the event, chocolate-dipped Oreos, will be served here.
- Luna Grill & Diner — Luna is offering an extensive $4 dessert menu, which can be paired with $4 chocolate martinis.
- PING by Charlie Chiang’s — Two chocolate cocktails will be on the menu, and local chocolatier Robert Rhoda of Tempered Chocolates will be on site as with samples of his debut line of Tastes of Asia Truffle Collection: Sesame Sake Truffle, White Chocolate Yuzu Matcha Truffle, and a Lapsang Souchong Chai Truffle.
- Samuel Beckett’s — Sample “Sam & Shirlie chocolate specialty drinks.” Customers get a chocolate dessert free with a dinner entrée and drink from the “Land and Sea” menu.
- THAI in Shirlington — $5 chocolate martinis.
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
In honor of the one-month anniversary of this article, we give you a new Mike Mount cartoon. In case you don’t get the reference, it also riffs on some of…
Discover the advantages of setting up an LLC for an investment property in Woloszyn’s Insights.
Apartments proposed along Arlington Blvd, near Courthouse, have cleared the next hurdle on their way to final approvals. Fortis Companies is proposing to remove a lone, single-family detached home, a…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,