Kicking off the 34 nights of arts and entertainment next Friday (June 12) is Bowen McCauley Dance, a family-friendly dance performance, according to the Lubber Run Amphitheater website. The performance starts at 8 p.m.
Five additional performances were added this season, in August and September.
Attendees are encouraged to bring picnics and blankets to the show. Alcohol is prohibited in Lubber Run Park and smoking is discouraged.
In the event of inclement weather, attendees are advised to call 703-228-1850 for day-of information. There are no scheduled rain dates for cancelled performances.
Performances on Monday through Saturday are held at 8 p.m. and performances on Sunday are held at 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted. After the jump is a full list of performances.
- Friday, June 12 — Bowen McCauley Dance
- Saturday, June 13 — La Unica
- Sunday, June 14 — Lean and Hungry Theater– “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”
- Monday, June 15 — The Metropolitan Chorus
- Wednesday, June 17 — Potomac Harmony Chorus
- Friday, June 19 — Army Blues
- Saturday, June 20 — Signature Theatre
- Sunday, June 21 — Shane Gamble Trio
- Wednesday, June 24 — The Arlingtones
- Friday, June 26 — Mary Ann Redmond
- Saturday, June 27 — Laurie Rose Griffith and Peter Mealy
- Sunday, June 28 — Arlington Philharmonic
- Friday, July 3 — Andrew Acosta & the New Old Time String Band
- Sunday, July 5 — Halau O’Aulani and the Aloha Boys
- Friday, July 10 — Ted Garber
- Saturday, July 11 — A cappella Festival hosted by The Tone Rangers
- Sunday, July 12 — Levine School of Music – Jazz Faculty
- Friday, July 17 — The Grandsons
- Saturday, July 18 — Center for American Military Musical Opportunities
- Sunday, July 19 — Shenandoah Run
- Friday, July 24 — The Traveling Players– “All’s Well That Ends Well”
- Saturday, July 25 — Russkie Musikanti
- Sunday, July 26 — Levine School of Music – School of Rock Faculty
- Friday, July 31 — Pebble to Pearl
- Saturday, Aug. 1 — Sara Gray
- Sunday, Aug. 2 — The Loop
- Friday, Aug. 14 — Wytold Lebing Quartet
- Saturday, Aug. 15 — Rico Amero
- Sunday, Aug. 16 — BG & the Mojo Hands
- Satuday, Aug. 22 at 4 p.m. — Groovy Guy
- Sunday, Aug. 23 — Levine School of Music – Interactive Family Concert
- Saturday, Aug. 29 at 4 p.m. — Groovy Nate
- Saturday, Sept. 12 at 4 p.m. — Banjo Man
- Saturday, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. — Rocknocerous
A more detailed description of each can be found on the amphitheater’s website.
This week’s Arts Focus asks for your inspiration and input for a flexible outdoor arts and gathering space planned for 2700 South Nelson Street in Green Valley.
Today’s Listing of the Day features a 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,000 square feet of living space and a hands-free kitchen faucet.
Expect extra police patrols around Arlington schools today in the wake of yesterday’s deadly elementary school shooting in Texas. “ACPD officers are conducting extra patrols near Arlington schools,” Arlington County…
Crystal City’s Amazon Fresh is looking at a summer opening, a company spokesperson confirms. Back in February, a mystery was solved when it was confirmed that an Amazon Fresh grocery…