A fire on the sixth floor of the Virginia Hospital Center caused the building to be evacuated and patients to be moved to another part of the floor.
The fire was reported around 3:30 p.m. It was caused by medical equipment, including an oxygen tank, on a stretcher, said Battalion Chief Dan Fitch.
“Patients in that section of the floor were transferred to another section on the same floor, and we protected them in place and secured the rest of the floor,” Fitch said.
No was injured.
Sprinklers extinguished most of the fire before firefighters arrived, but there was smoke on the floor, he said. Firefighters could be seen using hoses, as well, according to one observer.
Firefighters were able to ventilate the sixth floor and patients were moved back to their rooms around 3:45 p.m.
Some people are going back into the hospital. Hose near me is still pumping water. No word from fire officials. That's who I trust.
— Charlotte Volpe (@flautista2011) September 24, 2015
More Arlington properties could be impacted by 100- and 500-year floods, according to new federal flood insurance rate maps. The county estimates some 300 buildings, up from 172, now risk…
Costs are creeping up for a courtroom makeover in Arlington. County Board members approved an extra $200,000 this past Saturday to complete renovations in Courtroom 10B, a project ambitiously dubbed…
Gardens with abundant native species could soon have an official definition in county code: “managed natural landscape.” This definition would protect Arlingtonians who grow the kinds of native grasses, wildflowers…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring Three…
Arlington Travel Basketball (ATB) will be conducting tryouts for our 2023-24 teams beginning Tuesday 10/2.
There is no charge for these tryouts.
Interested players must pre-register and attend at least 2 tryouts to be considered for a team.
ATB will field teams in grades 5 – 8; 4th graders are eligible to attend.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
Come celebrate National Coming Out Day at Equality Arlington’s Coming Out Party on Wednesday, October 11th from 7-8:30 PM at Busboys and Poets (Shirlington)! Senator Adam Ebbin is our featured speaker and we will have Arlingtonians sharing what coming out