Capitol City Brewing Company’s annual Oktoberfest celebration will bring men in lederhosen and women in dirndls to the The Village at Shirlington (4001 Campbell Avenue) on Saturday, Oct. 1, from noon to 7 p.m.
In addition to food, drinks and fun, the party will also bring road closures. The following roads will be closed to cars from about 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday:
- Campbell Avenue, from Arlington Mill Drive to S. Quincy Street
- S. Randolph Street, from Arlington Mill Drive to the alley behind PING by Charlie Chang’s (roughly the 3000 block)
Street parking in the area will also be restricted during that time.
Then, next Sunday, Oct. 9, runners will pound pavement near the Pentagon as part of the 32nd annual Army Ten-Miler Race.
The following road closures will take effect when the race kicks off next week:
- Route 110 between Rosslyn and Crystal City will be closed in both directions at 5:00 a.m. till approximately 2:00 p.m. (Use the George Washington Memorial Parkway as an alternative)
- Eads Street from Army Navy Drive into the Pentagon/ northbound I-395 HOV lanes will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 southbound HOV exit to S. Eads Street / Pentagon south parking lot will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 HOV northbound from Crystal City to the 14th Street Bridge will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
Route 27 in both directions from George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-395 will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive from S. Eads Street to S. 12th Street from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
12th Street from S. Eads Street to Long Bridge Drive from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Long Bridge Drive will be closed from S. 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All roads closed by the marathon should be reopened by 12:30 p.m., except for Route 110, which will remain closed until approximately 2:00 p.m.
A stretch of Lorcom Lane on the northern edge of the Cherrydale neighborhood is slated to get pedestrian safety upgrades, particularly aimed at improving a school walking route for kids….
The proposal to build a Rosslyn-to-Georgetown gondola remains just a gleam in the eye of aerial lift transport fans and Georgetown business owners.
Hamm Middle School Closed — From Arlington Public Schools: “Closure Alert: Dorothy Hamm Middle School is closed today, Fri, Dec 2, due to a water main break. Crews are working…
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 6802 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today…
Join us December 10 & 11 for our Annual Handmade Holiday Workshop Series. We have a myriad of fun and festive programs from linoleum block wrapping paper printing and buttonhole book making workshops led by Eliza Clifford to a meditative grid workshop and Calligraphy Card Making with Anjelika Deogirikar. Join these wonderful artists and get creative this holiday season!
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
Join us as we celebrate the holiday of Chanukah! Enjoy delicious Latkes, hot cocoa, donuts and more!
Clarendon Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9 foot Menorah