Capitol City Brewing Company’s annual Oktoberfest celebration will bring men in lederhosen and women in dirndls to the The Village at Shirlington (4001 Campbell Avenue) on Saturday, Oct. 1, from noon to 7 p.m.
In addition to food, drinks and fun, the party will also bring road closures. The following roads will be closed to cars from about 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday:
- Campbell Avenue, from Arlington Mill Drive to S. Quincy Street
- S. Randolph Street, from Arlington Mill Drive to the alley behind PING by Charlie Chang’s (roughly the 3000 block)
Street parking in the area will also be restricted during that time.
Then, next Sunday, Oct. 9, runners will pound pavement near the Pentagon as part of the 32nd annual Army Ten-Miler Race.
The following road closures will take effect when the race kicks off next week:
- Route 110 between Rosslyn and Crystal City will be closed in both directions at 5:00 a.m. till approximately 2:00 p.m. (Use the George Washington Memorial Parkway as an alternative)
- Eads Street from Army Navy Drive into the Pentagon/ northbound I-395 HOV lanes will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 southbound HOV exit to S. Eads Street / Pentagon south parking lot will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 HOV northbound from Crystal City to the 14th Street Bridge will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
Route 27 in both directions from George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-395 will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive from S. Eads Street to S. 12th Street from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
12th Street from S. Eads Street to Long Bridge Drive from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Long Bridge Drive will be closed from S. 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
All roads closed by the marathon should be reopened by 12:30 p.m., except for Route 110, which will remain closed until approximately 2:00 p.m.