Thirty performances including big band, blues, soul and orchestral music as well as cabaret acts will come to the Lubber Run Amphitheater this summer.
The acts begin on June 16 with roots rock band The Grandsons, then children’s entertainer The Great Zucchini wraps things up on September 17.
The performances are being organized by Arlington’s Cultural Affairs division, with the cooperation of the Lubber Run Amphitheater Foundation, which funded the four family-friendly shows at the end of the season.
The amphitheater is located near the intersection of N. Columbus Street and 2nd Street N., about a 20-minute walk from Ballston. It is also accessible on Metrobus’ 4B route between Rosslyn and Seven Corners.
It almost closed five years ago but the foundation worked with the county to find a way to keep it open through some cost-effective renovations.
The full performance schedule is below.
- Friday, June 16 – The Grandsons (Rock)
- Saturday, June 17 – Rene Ibanez y Cubano Groove (Latin)
- Sunday, June 18 – Mr. Knick Knack! (Children’s music)
- Friday, June 23 – JoGo Project (Jazz)
- Saturday, June 24 – Caz (Soul)
- Sunday, June 25 – Arlington Philharmonic Pops for Pets (Orchestra)
- Friday, June 30 – Revelator Hill (Blues)
- Saturday, July 1 – Cissa Paz (Brazilian)
- Sunday, July 2 – Sligo Creek Stompers (Bluegrass)
- Friday, July 7 – Los Gallos Negros (Latin)
- Saturday, July 8 – King Soul (Soul)
- Sunday, July 9 – Akua Allrich (Soul)
- Friday, July 14 – Company Danzante (Contemporary Dance)
- Saturday, July 15 – Chopteeth Afropunk Big Band (Afrobeat)
- Sunday, July 16 – Kenny Rittenhouse (Jazz)
- Friday, July 21 – Little Red & The Renegades (Creole)
- Saturday, July 22 – Elikeh (Afro-Pop)
- Sunday, July 23 – Little Bit of Blues (Blues)
- Friday, July 28 – Chieck Hamala Diabate (African)
- Saturday, July 29 – Elena y Los Fulanos (Latin)
- Sunday, July 30 – Cristylez Bacon (Progressive Hip-Hop)
- Friday, August 4 – Dupont Brass (Soul)
- Saturday, August 5 – WSC Avant Bard (Theatre)
- Sunday, August 6 – The Scotch Bonnets (Punk Reggae)
- Friday, August 11 – Rico Amero Sr. (Blues)
- Saturday, August 12 – Signature Theatre Cabaret (Vocals)
- Sunday, August 13 – National Chamber Ensemble (Orchestra)
- Sunday, August 27 – “Speed” The Magician (Magic)
- Sunday, September 10 – Mystic Drumz (World Music)
- Sunday, September 17 – The Great Zucchini (Children’s Entertainment)
Flickr pool photo by John Sonderman. Kalina Newman contributed reporting.