The Arlington County Fair will kick off on Wednesday, August 16 at Thomas Jefferson Middle School (125 S. Old Glebe Road).
For the 41st year, the county will host a variety of events for the community, including live outdoor music, a parade, fairground rides and game, food, floral and craft competitions, pig races and more.
This year’s exhibit theme is “Let’s Play,” which organizers said celebrates the “child-like joy and fun that the Arlington County Fair brings out in all of us.”
The fair’s outdoor programming begins August 16, with indoor programming beginning on Friday, August 18. The event ends August 20, with outdoor activities concluding at 10 p.m. that day. More details about the indoor offerings will be available closer to the time.
The fair’s full opening hours are as follows:
The Kids’ Court, which has various activities including a moon bounce and face painting, will be open during the following hours:
- Friday 2-6 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Competitive exhibits for participants to show off their abilities and compete for prizes include:
- Honey, Beeswax and Food Preservation
- Decorated Food Products and Baked Goods
- Art Needlework
- Crafts and Fine Arts
- Herbs, Fruits, Nuts and Vegetables
- Flowers, Arrangements and Potted Plants
Local organizations and business can sign up to participate in the fair’s parade, which is scheduled to start at the Career Center (816 S. Walter Reed Drive) on August 19 at 10 a.m. It will travel from the Career Center and end at the fairgrounds.
There is no on-site parking at the fair, and street parking is limited to residents with permits. There are several other transportation options, including shuttle buses from the Ballston and Pentagon City Metro stations, the Career Center and the I-66 parking garage at N. Quincy Street and 15th Street N.
The fair’s live outdoor music schedule is below, after the jump.
Thursday, August 17
- 5 p.m. Cuzko (Electronic/Latin)
- 6:15 p.m. Danny & Jimmy (Latin/Urban)
- 7:30 p.m. 40 Miles Home (Bluegrass/Indie)
Friday, August 18
- 5 p.m. Lionel Ward (Elvis Tribute)
- 6:15 p.m. Skyward Story (Pop/Rock)
- 7:30 p.m. Sub-Radio (Pop/Rock)
- 8:45 p.m. Wesley Spangler (Country)
- 10 p.m. The 5-1-2 Experience (R&B/Neo-Soul)
Saturday, August 19
- 12 p.m. The Restless (Pop/Rock)
- 1:15 p.m. Dr. Robinson’s Fiasco (Alt-Rock/Indie Pop)
- 2:30 p.m. Gettin’ Weir’d (Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir Tribute)
- 3:45 p.m. Night Watch Paradox (Rock/Jazz/Cabaret)
- 5 p.m. Atoms Apart (Pop/Electronic)
- 6:15 p.m. A Thousand Rainy Days (The Police Tribute)
- 7:30 p.m. The N2N Band (R&B)
- 8:45 p.m. Harry Jay Smith & The Bling (Jazz/Funk)
- 10 p.m. Funkhouse (DJ Set)
Sunday, August 20
- 11:45 a.m. Kevin Olson (Acoustic Guitar)
- 1 p.m. Power Child (’90s Grunge Tribute)
- 2:15 p.m. Plastic Sky (Indie Acoustic)
- 3:30 p.m. Dan Barry (Singer-Songwriter)
- 4:45 p.m. Silver City (Americana)
- 6 p.m. The Killer Cottonmouths (Jerry Lee Lewis Tribute)
- 7:15 p.m. Crush Funk Brass (N. Orleans Second Line/Jazz/Funk)