The Bible Museum is ready for its big reveal, the Christmas bar is back, Amtrak is getting more comfortable, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Mayor announces plan to help green card holders who are employed by the D.C. government apply for citizenship. [Post]
- In defense of the Clean Rivers tax. [Post]
- Figure out how often Metro makes you late! [GGW]
- This enormous Dupont Circle mansion houses three senior Freemasons. [Atlas Obscura]
- Tis the season for the Christmas bar line. [Washingtonian]
- Divine intervention (or really good developers) got the Bible Museum done in a lickety split three years. [WBJ]
- Take a peek inside. [Curbed]
- And get ready for loaves and fishes, or at least new museum food. [Post]
- Meanwhile, “The Wharf is shaping up to be a high-end nightlife district, an Adams Morgan for thirty-somethings with better seafood.” [WCP]
- And here’s another new place to find (very) fresh fish. [WCP]
- Man beaten with a baseball bat near the Shaw Metro station. [NBC4]
- D.C.’s annual Transgender Day of Remembrance is set for Monday. [Blade]
- This is happening. [Washingtonian]
- We’re all for better seats, but what if we just fixed the wi-fi situation instead? [WTOP]
- This bar doesn’t have a name for you to forget after a few cocktails. [WCP]
- This robber didn’t stand a chance against four women at this H Street eatery. [Washingtonian]
New Spring Street home near Westover Village, 2 home offices, screened porch
Have you ever showed up to a date and realized you had been stood up? The Arlington County Board nearly did yesterday (Thursday) during a hearing on the proposed property…
Stop wasting hours of time getting your car maintained, repaired, or detailed. Discover the time-saving joy that is CarCare To Go and see why so many people are leaving reviews…
Batten down the hatches, it’s going to get pretty windy tomorrow. The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Watch for Arlington, in effect Saturday from noon to midnight….
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, April 5th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
Most first-time campers are new to the performing arts, and teaching artists are well-versed in engaging students at all levels. Parents and campers report that one of the best parts of Synetic is the community, with many families returning year after year because they feel a strong sense of belonging.
Private School Fair
Congressional School to Host MONA Private School Fair Thursday, April 27 at 6:30 PM
Congressional School in Falls Church, VA is delighted to host the MONA (Mothers of North Arlington) at an upcoming Private School Fair. Private schools from around
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and