Vince Gray continues to toy with
the idea of running for mayor the press, news from Planet Word, and other stories from the District.
- More ideas for making Metro better. [GGW]
- The number of people who commute from Baltimore or Baltimore County to D.C. is pretty tiny. [D.C. Policy Center]
- Vince Gray, still “strongly considering” a run for mayor. [WUSA9]
- The word museum might be opening as soon as the summer of 2020. [WBJ]
- And more takes on the Bible Museum. [Post]
- After losing the mayor’s race five times, Carol Schwartz has put out her autobiography. [WCP]
- Meet the head of HIPS. [WCP]
- What happens to the presidentially pardoned turkeys. [WAMU]
- Woman sexually assaulted at American University by someone she thought was an Uber driver. [Post]
- After cancelling their contract, D.C. Council is keeping contractor in place at UMC for another two months. [Post]
- D.C. renters are really satisfied? [Curbed]
- Well-known interior designer joins local framing company. [Technically]
- Officials believe there will be fewer homeless families in motels this winter. [WAMU]
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying