A former DCist editor meets the commenters, the Archdiocese of Washington is suing Metro, who is behind NoMa’s explosive growth, and other news of the day over the in the District.
- “There’s no tiki drink sweeter than the one purchased for you by the people who belittle your work on a regular basis.” [Washingtonian]
- Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge wins approval for a whole new look. [WAMU]
- Alex Ovechkin “may or may not be a witting font of Kremlin propaganda.” [NYT]
- While this D.C. mansion is owned by a Putin ally and aluminum magnate. [Post]
- Ballou, which recently touted that 100% of its graduating class was accepted to college, graduated scores of students who missed more than three months of class. [WAMU]
- Officials hope apprenticeship program can help bridge the wealth gap in D.C. [Post]
- Legal Aid gets funding to expand services to immigrants. [LA]
- NoMa’s growth has been fueled by foreign investors. [Post]
- The owners of Park View’s Colony Club coffee shop are tackling pizza next. [WCP]
- Violent crime is down 23 percent from this time last year. [WTOP]
- Life in this corner of Langdon Park is still deeply impacted by a construction dumping impact, despite winning a settlement agreement years ago. [Fox5]
- Inspector General finds that one of Bowser’s top deputies, Courtney Snowden, used her staff as free childcare. [Post]
- Takoma Park is getting a pop-up art gallery. [East City Art]
- Craft beer is taking over ever more taps at D.C. bars. [Post]
- Archdiocese of Washington becomes the latest to sue Metro over its advertising policy. [Post]
When Hamid Habib Zada and Negin Khwalpak fled Afghanistan with their daughter Maram two years ago in hopes of escaping the Taliban, all they brought to America was a backpack…
Interested in Italian wine? Join the Arrowine team this Sunday, June 11 to learn and taste wines from Italy’s most prestigious regions.
When the pandemic hit, Arlington resident Matt White, like many others, could not get a haircut. He noticed his hair grew quickly and, rather than cut it, he decided to…
As your senator, I promised to bolster public education, make health care more affordable, pass climate change policies and make Virginia safer with common-sense gun safety measures.
Camps are just the beginning of what’s in store at Art House 7 this summer. We’re thrilled to offer an array of exciting classes for both kids and adults!Rediscover your creativity with some of our AH7 favorites, such as drawing, hand-sewing, modern embroidery, and our popular 3-week Jump into Crochet classes. But that’s not all! We’ve added some fresh and exciting options to our summer class selection, guaranteed to spark your imagination.
To enhance your artistic journey, we have intensified some of our Ceramics: The Wheel classes to a full 3-hour duration. This extended time allows for more creativity and skill development in each class session. If you’re eager for a captivating twist, give Contemporary Still-Life Drawing & Painting a go. Or why not try an immersive outdoor painting adventure? We have a unique opportunity for you to bring your painting skills to life while learning and creating in the great outdoors with our Landscape Painting: Studio and Plein Air class!
We invite you to visit our website and explore our full Summer Session schedule, brimming with a diverse range of classes and camps. Classes and camps begin June 20th. Unleash your inner artist, broaden your horizons, and embark on a summer adventure like no other. Let’s make this a summer to remember at Art House 7!
🌿 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐑𝐞𝐣𝐮𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 🌿 Local business is the heart of a strong community, and at Emerald Massage Center, we’re proud to be a vital part of that heartbeat. Our passionate team of Licensed Massage Therapists is dedicated to providing you with a sanctuary of relaxation, rejuvenation, and renewal.
🌟 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐞 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 🌟
Our wide range of massage services includes Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, sports massage, hot stone, aromatherapy, and more — all tailored to your individual needs. Whether you’re seeking relief from stress, muscle tension, or chronic pain, our skilled therapists will help you achieve total wellness.
🏆 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 🏆
Homebuying 102: Contract Closing and Beyond
You’ve found the perfect house and you’re under contract, now what? Navigating the closing process can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers on June 21 at 5:30pm for part two in our first-time
Our archery classes start with the Explore Archery program. This is a six week course, with 60 minute classes for new archers ages 8 to 12.
Our indoor archery program is fun, rewarding and developmentally progressive. These classes are focused