A former DCist editor meets the commenters, the Archdiocese of Washington is suing Metro, who is behind NoMa’s explosive growth, and other news of the day over the in the District.
- “There’s no tiki drink sweeter than the one purchased for you by the people who belittle your work on a regular basis.” [Washingtonian]
- Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge wins approval for a whole new look. [WAMU]
- Alex Ovechkin “may or may not be a witting font of Kremlin propaganda.” [NYT]
- While this D.C. mansion is owned by a Putin ally and aluminum magnate. [Post]
- Ballou, which recently touted that 100% of its graduating class was accepted to college, graduated scores of students who missed more than three months of class. [WAMU]
- Officials hope apprenticeship program can help bridge the wealth gap in D.C. [Post]
- Legal Aid gets funding to expand services to immigrants. [LA]
- NoMa’s growth has been fueled by foreign investors. [Post]
- The owners of Park View’s Colony Club coffee shop are tackling pizza next. [WCP]
- Violent crime is down 23 percent from this time last year. [WTOP]
- Life in this corner of Langdon Park is still deeply impacted by a construction dumping impact, despite winning a settlement agreement years ago. [Fox5]
- Inspector General finds that one of Bowser’s top deputies, Courtney Snowden, used her staff as free childcare. [Post]
- Takoma Park is getting a pop-up art gallery. [East City Art]
- Craft beer is taking over ever more taps at D.C. bars. [Post]
- Archdiocese of Washington becomes the latest to sue Metro over its advertising policy. [Post]
Arlington County police say the rideshare driver who crashed into Ireland’s Four Courts on Friday did not do so intentionally and was not drunk. Beyond that, not much is known…
A set of utility covers in the middle of Wilson Blvd that have bothered residents for nearly a decade may finally get a permanent fix. For Alex Korolkoff, the banging…
This week, Mike Mount is tackling the topic of recently-created neighborhood names. Mike’s new cartoon pokes fun at modern place name inventions, perhaps given recent media attention for National Landing…
The impact on the housing market slowdown in different regions is discussed in Ask Eli.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
15 year old Australian Shepherd went missing from her yard in Waycroft-Woodlawn on the evening of August 8.
A pet tracker hasn’t been able to find her, and despite roaming in a busy area, there have been no reported sightings. She is microchipped, and her information is up to date. It’s most likely someone has picked her up. If found, or if there is any information, please contact the Animal Welfare League of Arlington or her owner at 571-510-0508 or [email protected]. If spotted, please don’t approach or call to her, but take a picture and call her owner.
Have you ever considered purchasing a rental property but weren’t sure where to start? This free webinar will go over the basics of how to invest in real estate, how to choose rental properties, and a market overview. Our Director