The Washington City Paper’s possible new overlord has a Trumpian relationship to the truth, NoMa nabs the new Peace Corps HQ, why there are two Metro stations at Farragut Square, and other news of the day in the District.
- First snowfall of the season could be coming at the end of this week. [CWG]
- Here’s a headline for you. [Post]
- Now seems as good a time as ever to celebrate a drink that’s little more than a glass of gin. [DC Refined]
- Armstrong Williams says that he doesn’t want to change the Washington City Paper before outlining plans to basially turn it into kindling. [Post]
- The Smithsonian Institution is working on putting more of its treasures online. [WAMU]
- “Back and ready to ruin your yuletide cheer.” [WCP]
- Former Panera employees file a class action suit over overtime. [WBJ]
- Red Line closure is as good a time as any to ask why we don’t have more dedicated bus lanes. [WAMU]
- Hallelujah. [Fox5]
- How Farragut Square came to have two Metro stations. [GGW]
- Power struggle-induced limbo of four historic homes in Anacostia might finally come to an end. [WAMU]
- The Peace Corps has a new home in NoMa. [WBJ]
- The principal at Ballou HS has been reassigned after news broke of inflated graduation rate. [NBC4]
- DC Central Kitchen sets a new goal: diverting 1 million tons of food waste. [WJLA]
- A president-less Kennedy Center Honors. [Washingtonian]
- On Mike Isabella’s culinary empire. [Washingtonian]
Featured in the latest Just Listed is a 3 BD/2 BA home with a covered front porch. Explore the private backyard in the open house this Saturday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and Sunday from 1-4 p.m.
Seven years after the initial rollout of Arlington Public Schools’ digital learning initiative, and after a year of heavier use due to distance-learning, opinions on tech in schools remain divided….
It’s overcast and muggy right now, but it could be stormy later today in Arlington.
Amid a rise in coronavirus cases, community leaders and the Arlington County Public Health Division are continuing to find ways to target particular demographics for which more outreach is needed….