GOP once again ignores the wishes of D.C.’s elected leaders to push their own agenda, Ward 1 finally has a homeless shelter site for the D.C. General closure plan, and other news of the day in the District.
- The final shelter site for Bowser’s homelessness plan is finally in place. [WCP]
- An all local gift guide. [WCP]
- The basement underneath Pizzeria Paradiso will soon be a full-fledged game room. [WCP]
- Slumlord that has been the subject of many a story in recent years sells off two buildings as it looks to its unload entire D.C. portfolio. [Bisnow]
- Take a guess which area supermarket chain is being compared to a cult. [WCP]
- Debating dockless bikeshares. [UrbanTurf]
- And resident-only parking restrictions in Georgetown. [Current]
- Despite what Twitter griping would have you believe, most people are pretty pleased to live in D.C. and the region at large. [WAMU]
- Fannie Mae building wins historic landmark status. [Current]
- Bald eagle with lead poisoning dies. [Post]
- Sidewalk proposal wins over hard-to-please Chevy Chase neighborhood. [Current]
- Woman says she was belittled by the then-fire chief and fired for reporting sexual harassment. [Post]
- Another attempt to trample on D.C. autonomy. [Post]
- The familiar feeling of prepping for a possible government shutdown. [WAMU]
- What the tax plan means for the D.C. region. [WAMU]
- Blade reporter says he (and April Ryan) have been excluded from White House Christmas party. [WJLA]
- Metro is taking feedback on its 8000-series trains. [GGW]
- Swimmers, take note of the indoor pool maintenance schedule. [Popville]
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying