GOP once again ignores the wishes of D.C.’s elected leaders to push their own agenda, Ward 1 finally has a homeless shelter site for the D.C. General closure plan, and other news of the day in the District.
- The final shelter site for Bowser’s homelessness plan is finally in place. [WCP]
- An all local gift guide. [WCP]
- The basement underneath Pizzeria Paradiso will soon be a full-fledged game room. [WCP]
- Slumlord that has been the subject of many a story in recent years sells off two buildings as it looks to its unload entire D.C. portfolio. [Bisnow]
- Take a guess which area supermarket chain is being compared to a cult. [WCP]
- Debating dockless bikeshares. [UrbanTurf]
- And resident-only parking restrictions in Georgetown. [Current]
- Despite what Twitter griping would have you believe, most people are pretty pleased to live in D.C. and the region at large. [WAMU]
- Fannie Mae building wins historic landmark status. [Current]
- Bald eagle with lead poisoning dies. [Post]
- Sidewalk proposal wins over hard-to-please Chevy Chase neighborhood. [Current]
- Woman says she was belittled by the then-fire chief and fired for reporting sexual harassment. [Post]
- Another attempt to trample on D.C. autonomy. [Post]
- The familiar feeling of prepping for a possible government shutdown. [WAMU]
- What the tax plan means for the D.C. region. [WAMU]
- Blade reporter says he (and April Ryan) have been excluded from White House Christmas party. [WJLA]
- Metro is taking feedback on its 8000-series trains. [GGW]
- Swimmers, take note of the indoor pool maintenance schedule. [Popville]
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
A former ABC News producer whose Columbia Pike apartment was raided by the FBI last year has been sentenced. James Gordon Meek, 53, pleaded guilty in July to transportation and…
Metrorail service was suspended on the Blue and Yellow lines today after a train derailed.
4 bedroom 3 bath 2 car garage 1/4 acre Jamestown Williamsburg Yorktown pyramid
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
Join us for Arlington’s biggest civil rights & social justice event of the year. The banquet is back in person at the Arlington Campus of George Mason University.
Our keynote speaker this year is Symone Sanders from MSNBC and former Chief of Staff for Vice-President Kamala Harris.
The Master of Ceremonies is Joshua Cole, former state delegate, NAACP President, and local pastor.
Tickets/seating are limited. Purchase your ticket today! Sponsorship opportunities available.
Cody Chance and Dick Nathan of Long & Foster are hosting an online workshop on the topic of “down-sizing” Wednesday, October 4 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Every great endeavor begins with a great plan. This workshop will give you the tools