NoMa names its first park, top development projects of 2017, advocates continue to pursue statehood, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Mayor Bowser has raised more than $1.4 million since announcing her reelection bid in September. [Post]
- A Jumbotron facing Capitol Hill is featuring stories of DREAMers. [NBC]
- Bowser cut the ribbon on Hine development in Eastern Market. [Hill is home]
- WaWa’s first D.C. store is opening tomorrow morning with free breakfast, coffee, and swag. [NBC]
- United Medical Center needs more than $17.1 million from the city to cover increased expenses and other issues. [WBJ]
- Missing woman found fatally stabbed in Northeast. [Post]
- Outgoing DC Water CEO faces criticism over fee increases. [WAMU]
- The Cheeky Puppy is saying goodbye to Dupont Circle. [Popville]
- Say hello to Swampoodle, NoMa’s first park. [Frozen Tropics]
- What some D.C. tech companies learned this year. [DC Inno]
- Check out the District’s most active developers and architecture firms in 2017. [Curbed]
- Survey says people in the D.C. region have generally positive perceptions about quality of life. [Urban Institute]
- A “pop up” development could be coming to Brookland. [Brookland Bridge]
- Fun facts from the Washington DC Economic Partnership. [Urban Turf]
- Arepa Zone takes over former Chix space on 14th Street. [Popville]
- “A hopeful restart” to fulfilling a promise to displaced residents. [GGW]
- 10 offices to envy in D.C. [DC Inno]
- The only way to achieve statehood is to address “the crisis of everyday living in DC,” says longtime statehood advocate. [Washingtonian]
Explore the tight-knit community and cyclist friendly neighborhood of Waycroft and Woodlawn in Neighborhood Spotlight.
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/3.5 BA home with oak hardwood floors, finished basement and deck.
It’s been a busy week. A new music venue and watering hole opened, students rallied around abortion rights, and the police responded to a couple of bank robberies. We hope…
A 53-year-old Florida man is behind bars after being found with a gun, ammunition and drugs on the grounds of Washington-Liberty High School, police say. Officers were dispatched to a…