Another hit to local journalism, D.C. United announces date of first game at new stadium, renovations at Corcoran may be sickly, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are searching for a home to buy in D.C. [Post]
- Mark you calendars for these theatre happenings. [BYT]
- North Carolina woman and her son, who were pepper-sprayed during inauguration protests, join lawsuit against D.C. police. [News & Observer]
- Aaron Silverman kicks off wine bar at Little Pearl. [Eater]
- The Uptown’s weekend morning movie series continues. [PoPville]
- When does it makes more sense to take the Blue Line than the Yellow? [GGW]
- D.C. United’s home opener at Audi Field is July 14. [NBC]
- Great cold waves of Washington, in photos. [CWG]
- 50-year-old community paper faces hard times and just filed for bankruptcy. [Washingtonian]
- Call Your Mother: new Park View deli will feature wood-fired bagels. [Eater]
- 2018’s restaurant openings and closures. [Eater]
- It’s time for more colorful poetry downtown. [Curbed]
- Look what popped up in North Carolina. [PoPville]
- Complaints of headaches, nosebleeds, rashes, and fleas at Corcoran. [WCP]
- Understanding D.C.’s modern day coffee culture. [Y&H]
- Professor files lawsuit against GWU over handling of sexual harassment case. [Post]
Tour the small tight-knit community of Dover Crystal in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…