Promising meals at discounted prices, a Native American veterans memorial, historic fish market adjusts to The Wharf development, and other news of the day over in the District.
- How Metro passengers handled the Red Line train derailment. [NBC]
- Red Line trains single tracking Tuesday morning as a result. [WTOP]
- Video: 12th annual MLK Day Parade. [WJLA]
- Fourteen-year-old fatally shot in Southeast. [Post]
- Amid frosty weather, heating system fails at Howard University. [NBC]
- What to expect from D.C. office designs this year. [Curbed]
- WeWork’s new coding school will open downtown in March. [DC Inno]
- Why the city is leading the way on partnering with the private sector. [CityLab]
- “It’s disheartening to see all of the change, but this market, it’s iconic.” [WCP]
- Are the Wizards the NBA’s biggest disappointment? [Afro]
- A “long overdue” honor for Native Americans. [Post]
- “Newspapers and media companies should be clamoring to cover the District deeper now than ever before. ” [CityLab]
- Your best bets for Winter Restaurant Week. [Post]
- Can Patrick Ewing chart his own path back to glory as Georgetown University’s basketball coach? [Washingtonian]
- One in four D.C. home sales were above asking price last year. [Curbed]
- Why is a Washington football team baby blanket on display in the American Indian Museum? [Washingtonian]
The Arlington County Fire Department is reviving a door logo last seen on county vehicles more than 50 years ago. At the same time, the department is gradually upgrading its vehicles…
Statutes of Liberty discusses how the DACA program came to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Clarendon’s Maison Cheryl says it is not closing for good but rather undergoing a “fall refresh.” Over the last week, ARLnow has received several emails from readers asking whether the…
A nondescript garden apartment building in Ballston has attracted the interest of a potential developer. The developer has filed a conceptual site plan for Ballston Gardens, located at 4314 N….
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker