The women’s march, free burgers, New York Time’s latest food tour, and other news of the day over in the District.
- 5,500 people expected to gather for women’s march. [Washingtonian]
- Where to make signs, meet up, and keep warm during the event. [Washingtonian]
- Z-Burger giving away free sandwiches today to people from marginalized countries and their allies. [PoPville]
- Man convicted of firing a gun down an escalator at Columbia Heights Metro. [NBC]
- Fun food events this weekend. [Washingtonian]
- There was an unusual rail crack in the area near Metro’s recent train derailment. [NBC]
- New York Time’s latest D.C. food tour barely mentions steak. [Eater]
- When a school system values statistics over students. [Post]
- How to improve bus service east of the Anacostia River. [GGW]
- Last year’s most expensive homes sold. [WBJ]
- Wagtime animal daycare owner passes away. [PoPville]
- Plans for movie theater at The Yards needs an extension. [Urban Turf]
- You can buy these Columbia Heights condos with cryptocurrency. [WBJ]
- New clues in case of man who was found dead six months after arranging an internet date. [NBC]
- Cleveland Park is getting a Cold Stone Creamery and an urban-format Target store. [WTOP]
- Leading men impacting youth. [NBC]
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying