There’s a lot to do this week, flu cases are on the rise, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Things to do this week. [PoPville/Washingtonian]
- There’ve been about 624 confirmed cases of the flu in D.C. this season. [WTOP]
- Australian-influenced coffee shop chain opens in West End. [PoPville]
- Help create the ultimate local tourist guide to D.C. [BYT]
- A look at rent control in the city. [GGW]
- People want to save this dog park. [New Columbia Heights]
- Who’s heard of the Rosslyn Y, Brown Line, and Beltway Loop? [GGW]
- Inside the newly renovated Palisades Library. [Curbed]
- What do you think of this Amazon HQ2 theory? [GGW]
- Places to avoid Winter Restaurant Week insanity. [Eater]
- First draft of city’s cultural plan is now available. [Urban Turf]
- Inside a new Navy Yard apartment building. [JD Land]
- “An interesting culinary adventure.” [Eater]
- A case for not making Kingman Park a historic district. [Hill Is Home]
A Northern Virginia woman likely has monkeypox, the Virginia Dept. of Health announced today. In a press release Thursday afternoon, VDH said the woman was isolating at home and not…
The Arlington County Board today called for action to stem the tide of gun violence, while groups of students around the county held walkouts in response to the elementary school shooting in Texas.
A time-honored, pre-Memorial Day tradition took place at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. More than 1,000 soldiers with the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, as…
A new sushi restaurant has opened in Rosslyn in a long-vacant, off-the-beaten-path space.