A Groundhog Day scandal, new bill gives women easier access to birth control, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Mayor signs law that will allow many women to get contraception without a doctor’s visit. [NBC]
- Artsy things to do this week. [East City Art]
- Man struck by train at Benning Road Metro station. [Fox 5]
- Residents change habits as flu worsens this year. [NBC]
- Nine airlines donate $28 million to Air and Space Museum for a makeover. [Post]
- Restaurant closes in Shaw. [Popville]
- You now have more time to go to Seylou Bakery. [Popville]
- February weather outlook for D.C.–sans the ground hog. [CWG]
- London man will be deported after pleading guilty to trying to rob a Georgetown student. [Post]
- $250 million development in Buzzard Point is getting underway with the gutting of the U.S. Coast Guard’s former headquarters. [WBJ]
- “There has been no collusion between Potomac Phil and Punxsutawney Phil.” [Express]
- A neighborhood boundary debate. [Popville]
- Where you need to eat on Capitol Hill this year. [Hill Is Home]
- Sunday night dinner deals. [Urban Scrawl]
- A big change at the Washington Monument. [WTOP]
- D.C. flower delivery startup goes national in time for Valentine’s Day. [WBJ]
A man was shot early this morning in Clarendon and police are still looking for the suspect. The shooting happened around 2 a.m. at a parking lot along N. Highland…
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5266 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A water rescue operation is underway along Four Mile Run after reports of a drunk man falling down an embankment. The incident happened shortly before 4 p.m. behind the Virginia…
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,