Free coffee, upcoming events, why hotels are being built far from downtown, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Washington Post employees finally get free coffee in the office. [Washingtonian]
- Chick-fil-A is coming to Union Station. [Popville]
- Free WaWa coffee on Sunday. [WTOP]
- This week in jazz. [Washingtonian]
- Why hotels are being built away from touristy spots. [WBJ]
- More things to do in the city. [NBC]
- A raving review by Tom Sietsema for new Indian restaurant in Navy Yard. [Post]
- How driverless cars could affect the city’s housing market. [Urban Turf]
- Synchronized swim team is looking for participants. [NBC]
- Why the D.C. Public Schools scandal has national significance. [Post]
- Another co-working space that caters to parents. [Washingtonian]
- Can you be an addict if you’re taking the medicine that doctors have prescribed to you, never exceeding the dosage? [WCP]
- Most homicide victims this year are teens. [NBC]
- Several historic sites have been demolished by neglect. [WBJ]
Arlington Public Schools has a new internal social media platform for families but its anonymous commenting policy prompted a tense discussion among some School Board members. This year, the school…
An Arlington-based company that helps startup founders turn their ideas into viable ventures has a new permanent home in Rosslyn.
Through Christmas, ART bus trips in peak directions along the I-66 corridor, during rush hour, will be free.
Do you remember your first museum visit? Or a time you felt inspired walking around a museum? What if you had the chance to help give someone else their best…
Explore your creative side this fall at Art House 7 with our Fall 2 Session of art classes beginning October 30th. Whether you’re a budding artist or looking to unleash your artistic potential with something new, there’s a class for everyone!
Short and Drop-In Classes:
Dive into creativity with our short-term offerings, including a 3-week still-life painting course, a 3-week knitting class, a 5-week Painting the Portrait and Figure workshop led by acclaimed local artist Danni Dawson, and a mesmerizing 4-week exploration of Japanese Suminagashi and modern paper marbling. Plus, we have a drop-in class specially designed for parents and toddlers (2-4 years old) to introduce them to the world of art.
Classes for Young Kids:
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
🌟 Calling all adventurous hearts! 🌟
💑 Get ready for an evening of excitement and connection as we present Speed Dating Night at The Renegade in Arlington, VA! 🌆
📅 Mark your calendars for Oct 20th, from 6-9 pm, because