Free coffee, upcoming events, why hotels are being built far from downtown, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Washington Post employees finally get free coffee in the office. [Washingtonian]
- Chick-fil-A is coming to Union Station. [Popville]
- Free WaWa coffee on Sunday. [WTOP]
- This week in jazz. [Washingtonian]
- Why hotels are being built away from touristy spots. [WBJ]
- More things to do in the city. [NBC]
- A raving review by Tom Sietsema for new Indian restaurant in Navy Yard. [Post]
- How driverless cars could affect the city’s housing market. [Urban Turf]
- Synchronized swim team is looking for participants. [NBC]
- Why the D.C. Public Schools scandal has national significance. [Post]
- Another co-working space that caters to parents. [Washingtonian]
- Can you be an addict if you’re taking the medicine that doctors have prescribed to you, never exceeding the dosage? [WCP]
- Most homicide victims this year are teens. [NBC]
- Several historic sites have been demolished by neglect. [WBJ]
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying