Goodies from scratch at Pluma, local business owners split on Amazon HQ, fifth graders honor MLK, and other news of the day over in the District.
- New parking fees at some Metro stations begin today. [NBC]
- Former councilmember’s collection of artifacts up for sale. [Curbed]
- New money. [DC Inno]
- Students will build a tiny house in Deanwood. [Curbed]
- Wild January temperature swings. [CWG]
- New Union Market bakery promises fresh pastries from open ’til close. [Eater]
- 47 cars hit in the Shepherd Park burglary spree. [WTOP]
- A complex investigation into the death of a D.C. high school student. [Post]
- D.C. attorney jailed for laundering more than $2 million for man he met online. [Post]
- NAACP Chapter at GWU responds to racist Snapchat photo. [NBC]
- Elementary school students continue tradition of reading Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech. [NBC]
- Local small business owners weigh in on possible Amazon HQ. [NBC]
- New apartment building architecture worth noting. [Washingtonian]
A new pet urgent care is hoping to open this weekend in Buckingham. Urgent Animal Care of Arlington at 249 N. Glebe Road hopes to start caring for furry best…
A development proposed for Crystal City is entering the home stretch. Tonight (Thursday), the Arlington Planning Commission is slated to review and vote on plans from Dweck Properties to add…
Hundreds of cyclists will descend on Crystal City and Clarendon this weekend for the 25th annual Armed Forces Cycling Classic. There will be several races over the course of the…
Update on Delayed Rosslyn Development — “The approved Arlington County site plan setting up the eventual demolition of two obsolete office buildings — one home to the Deep Throat garage…
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,