Special events at the National Cathedral, new eaglets are on the way, where to watch the Winter Olympics, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Where to watch the Winter Olympics with themed food and drink specials. [Curbed]
- Be sure to cheer for these six D.C. area athletes in the games. [Washingtonian]
- Free hot dogs on Friday at The Pig. [Popville]
- Is Washington giving millennials enough reasons to stay? [Post]
- Wedding trends. [Washingtonian]
- D.C.’s open-government watchdog lost her job. Why? [WCP/Post]
- Get away with your girls. [Washingtonian]
- DGS Delicatessen is closing, Little Sesame will live on. [Eater]
- How much time do D.C. drivers spend stuck in traffic? [WTOP]
- Local company is creating clothing for women in math and science. [WCP]
- Remembering Snowmageddon. [WTOP]
- Dumplings in Dupont. [Eater]
- Serve Your City launches 50 days of Black History Challenge. [Hill Is Home]
- La Mano Coffee bar in Takoma Park may be closing. [Popville]
- Hillary Clinton shares her goals with Georgetown students. [Post]
- After parting ways with Howard University, local legend E. Ethelbert Miller releases a book about baseball. [Washingtonian]
- A pair of eagles are expecting at D.C. police training academy in Southeast. [WTOP]
- National Cathedral hosts yoga, carnival, and more this week. [NBC]
Meeting for lunch? Starting Monday, January 30 and running until Friday, February 3, Copperwood Tavern, The Pinemoor, and Brass Rabbit Pub will be offering buy one, get one free soups, salads, sandwiches, and…
(Updated 3:40 p.m.) Work is ramping up on a new Arlington County bus maintenance building and parking garage in Green Valley. Crews are set to wrap up laying the foundation for…
If you’re not one of the many proudly sporting a Gondola Now shirt around town, you’re missing out on a high quality piece of apparel that starts lots of interesting…
The Old Bike Shop in Lyon Park is closing next month after a decade in business. Owner Lawrence Behery told ARLnow that he’s shuttering the used bike repair and sales…
St. Charles offers a play-based curriculum in a welcoming, Christ-centered environment.
Our program focuses on socio-emotional development and kindergarten readiness through hands-on and engaging activities. Our programs offer different schedules ranging from 7:30 am-5:30 pm for students, ages 2-5. We feature a full-day Jr. kindergarten class for older 4’s/5’s. Our facility includes a full-sized gymnasium, school chapel, and library. All of our students enjoy music and physical education weekly. Children have an opportunity to participate in enrichment classes such as soccer, basketball, ballet, and science.
We offer Summer Camp with weekly themes and twice a week water play, including Fun Friday moon bounce. Please join us for our Open House Feb. 3 at 9:30 am and 11:00 am. Click here to sign-up.
For more information or to schedule a tour, visit us at www.stcharlesarlington.org or call (703) 527-0608.
If you are a lifelong learner over 50+ who wants to make new friends, power up your brain, and enjoy a wide-variety college-level courses, Encore Learning is for you. An Arlington based nonprofit, Encore Learning offers courses in the arts, theater, literature, history, technology and more. This semester we offer our most popular course, Global Hot Spots as well as 25 new courses. Courses are presented either online or in-person at George Mason University at Virginia Square and other Arlington locations.
Join the free presentation to learn about courses and meet the instructors. This is Encore Learning’s signature event to highlight the upcoming semester with brief presentations by each instructor.
The Spring Course Preview event is Thursday, February 2nd at 9:30 AM via Zoom:
The truth, your first pregnancy and new mom months are full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and lots of questions! None of us really know the best way to do it – we just figure it out, together…