Valentine’s Day card making, deal grabbing, and underwear running, plus an inclusive yoga studio, eaglet happenings, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Police say man intentionally threw himself under the bus near the National Mall. [NBC]
- Snowy owls on the National Mall. [WTOP]
- A third Gregory’s Coffee location opens. [Popville]
- Make some Valentine’s Day cards at the National Postal Museum. [Popville]
- Cupid’s Undie Run is this weekend. [Washingtonian]
- Black entrepreneur takes on D.C.’s white-washed hot yoga space. [AFRO]
- Capitol One Arena is getting a $40 million facelift. [Post]
- You can pop bon bons by day and sip rare chocolate-infused bourbons by night at the Watergate’s outdoor pop-up. [Eater]
- Eaglet watch update. [WTOP]
- Local athletes inspire DCPS girls. [AFRO]
- D.C. attorney general talks about policing in black America. [AFRO]
- Lawmakers can’t decide how to implement carbon tax. [WCP]
- Petworth, a decade later. [Urban Turf]
- Bar specials for singles around Valentine’s Day. [Post]
- On the hunt for Mardi Gras deals? [Eater]
- The death of funeral homes. [Washingtonian]
Did you know the Arlington Public Library lets you borrow free energy efficiency tools? The latest Rethink Energy shares the details.
President Joe Biden paid a visit to Arlington and the recently-renovated Lubber Run Park, in support of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s Virginia gubernatorial bid.
With one month to go before school starts, parents are being urged to enroll their kids in some Arlington public schools amid a continued drop in enrollment. Screenshots and emails…
When Marjorie Tarantino was closing on the purchase of her townhouse this spring, she learned there were problems with the deck. Tarantino had bought a property in the Richard Bassett…