Metro delays, free stuff, best restaurants, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Prepare for Green Line delays tomorrow. [NBC]
- President’s Day freebies. [WTOP]
- 128 affordable apartments proposed for former Sanford Capital complex. [Urban Turf]
- Greater Greater Washington’s 10th anniversary party. [GGW]
- 40+ vinyl vendors will sell records at Penn Social. [Popville]
- Council member proposed bill that would have benefited firm that offered his son a job. [Post]
- Following citywide investigation, DCPS teachers will not be assessed on how many students they pass this year. [Post]
- You can now lease an apartment overlooking Nats stadium. [Curbed]
- Home Depot is hiring 2,000 people in D.C. [NBC]
- Black-owned streaming service gives indie films a home. [DC Inno]
- American University to honor someone who embodies the inspiring spirt of Frederick Douglass. [NBC]
- Coffee roaster Chris Vigilante’s dream day in the city. [Post]
- Reporting illegal construction just got easier. [Curbed]
- Community development leader Oramenta Newsome dies at 62. [Post]
- NoMa market tests out delivery. [Frozen Tropics]
- Thee list. [Washingtonian]
- How D.C.’s former chief technology officer helped turn the city into a tech hub. [DC Inno]
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 14291 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
ARLnow has been providing independent, in-depth coverage of Arlington since 2010. We are committed to keeping readers informed about the issues that matter most to the community, including those that…
Residents of The Shelton, an affordable housing development in the Green Valley neighborhood, are raising concerns about property management and poor treatment of residents. They previously raised these same issues…
This spring, Arlington County began buying up properties in the Waverly Hills area to combat flooding. Already, despite some concerns about how the program would work, three residents have agreed…
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Mason Square hosts dynamic weekly programming and ongoing special events, open to the Mason and greater Arlington community. All activities are free and open to the public. Join us at Mason Square today!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,