School chancellor under fire, teens stage die-in outside of the White House, grande dame of Washington arts and education scene dies, and other news of the day over in the District.
- Local teens lie on ground outside of White House to protest gun violence. [Post]
- Survivors of Florida school shooting announce march on Washington. [NBC]
- D.C. schools chancellor rejects calls for resignation after he sought special treatment for his daughter. [Post]
- Upcoming transit events. [GGW]
- One of D.C.’s oldest bars will soon shutter. [WTOP]
- Cherry Blossom pop-up bar is bigger and better this year. [WCP]
- Milk Bar is opening at The Wharf tomorrow. [Eater]
- D.C. leaders talk tech, diversity, and inclusion. [Post]
- 10 notable projects designed by black architects. [Curbed]
- A chat with the leader of American University’s new anti-racist research and policy center. [WCP]
- Homes once owned by presidents. [Curbed]
- People from across the country pay tribute to Frederick Douglass in Anacostia. [NBC]
- Peggy Cooper Cafritz, who co-founded the Duke Ellington School of the Arts, dies at 70. [Post]
- Back when U Street was known as the “Black Broadway.” [NBC]
- Pepperoni rolls come to Petworth. [Barred in DC]
- One of Metro’s top officials in the track department is leaving the agency. [GGW]
- As of November 2017, the federal government directly employed 364,000 people in the D.C. area. [WTOP]
- People keep parking in a NoMa bikeway, forcing cyclists into traffic. [GGW]
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 21693 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
Today may be rainy, but in general the weather is getting warmer, the cherry blossoms are in peak bloom, and it’s a great time to get out of the house….
Say hello to the curious bunny named Franscisca. This sweet girl is currently in foster and can’t wait to find her forever home! Her friends at Animal Welfare League of…
Public safety in Arlington County is poised to be increasingly automated and unmanned, with more traffic enforcement cameras and drones potentially coming soon. The updates came during a work session…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
Most first-time campers are new to the performing arts, and teaching artists are well-versed in engaging students at all levels. Parents and campers report that one of the best parts of Synetic is the community, with many families returning year after year because they feel a strong sense of belonging.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and
District 27 Toastmasters 2023 Virtual Conference
District 27 Toastmasters invites you to its annual conference where you can hear phenomenal speakers, attend professional development and personal growth seminars about leadership, negotiation, communication, teamwork, and mentorship. Learn how to develop your personal story and how to improve