D.C. chancellor resigns, boutique gym to open near Capitol Hill, and other news of the day over in the District.
- U.S. Park Police officer shot in Northwest. [WTOP]
- Free coffee for bike commuters in Logan Circle until 9:30 a.m. [Popville]
- Have a drink at these outdoor patios today. [Washingtonian]
- DCPS chancellor resigns after skirting rules. [Post]
- Best free fitness classes this week. [Washingtonian]
- Why doesn’t the mayor have a major challenger? [WCP]
- Hot first date ideas. [Eater]
- Vandals who broke 11 speed cameras in various parts of the city. [Post]
- The fruitiest, funkiest, alcohol-free drinks around. [Eater]
- A moving service modeled after Uber rolls into the city. [WTOP]
- Buzzy boutique gym Orangetheory Fitness to open near Eastern Market. [Washingtonian]
- Startup offers ride-hailing drivers with convenience-store basics for customers. [WBJ]
- New restaurant trend: tree trunk plates. [Eater]
- All of the women-focused co-working spaces coming to the area. [Post]
- Here’s where you can live for $3,100/month. [Curbed]
- One of D.C.’s most intriguing condos is on the market. [Curbed]
The four people reported to be seriously injured when a car plowed into Ireland’s Four Courts last night may not have survived but for the quick actions of fellow pub-goers…
(Updated at 7:55 a.m.) Ireland’s Four Courts in Courthouse caught fire after a car barreled into it at the height of dinnertime Friday. The fire is now out after a…
After a steamy stretch, Mother Nature is rewarding us with a pair of new-perfect days. We hope you are able to get out there and enjoy the weather tonight and…
The adorable Kimchi, a black and white Guinea Pig is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
Signature Theatre just released single tickets for all 33rd season productions, which highlights the organization’s long-time relationship with legendary composer Stephen Sondheim. Beginning with the musical adaptation of The Color Purple and irreverent No Place to Go, the season continues with three Sondheim musicals, the DC premieres of Off-Broadway hit Which Way to the Stage and Pulitzer Prize finalist Selling Kabul, the Tony Award®-winning rock musical Passing Strange, and return of Signature’s cabaret series honoring legendary artists.
“Last November, the world lost an icon. The death of Stephen Sondheim was a blow to everyone in the theater community. Signature Theatre would not be the same without Sondheim — he IS Signature’s ‘signature.’ This season, we are honoring the legend with productions of Into the Woods, Pacific Overtures and Sweeney Todd dedicated to his memory. These shows represent the diversity and range of Sondheim,” said Signature’s Artistic Director Matthew Gardiner about the new season.
Join us Sunday, Aug 28 from 12-3pm for our MEGA Wine Tasting
How it Works:
We’ve invited all our wine vendors that we work with to bring 6-10 wines in their portfolio (wines that are usually not carried at Osteria