D.C. restauranteur named humanitarian of the year, grand openings with free food next week, and other news of the day over in the District.
- 2-alarm fire burns house near Logan Circle. [Fox 5]
- James Beard Foundation names Jose Andres Humanitarian of the year. [Eater]
- The chef is also releasing a book about feeding the homeless in Puerto Rico. [Eater]
- It’s National Margarita Day. [Bloomingdale]
- Calls for more transparency in the wake of D.C. schools chancellor resignation. [WTOP]
- Meanwhile, interim chancellor says she plans to finish the school year smoothly. [Post]
- Harm reduction advocates want to make Echostage safer. [WCP]
- Foggy Bottom residents are complaining about Metro trains possibly shaking their homes. [WTOP]
- D.C. school lottery deadline is fast approaching. [Afro]
- Gregory Coffee’s biggest D.C. location is opening next week with free donuts and $1 coffee. [Eater]
- Buredo is also opening on H Street NE next week with free food. [Popville]
- Fido and Kitty’s is closing in Petworth. [Popville]
- Where you can live for $1,600/month in the city. [Curbed]
- Experiential open houses hope to bring in new buyers. [Post]
- MakeOffices opens ninth location in the region. [Curbed]
- D.C. is a top place for women in tech, except when it comes to equal pay. [DC Inno]
Green Valley’s New District Brewery is auctioning off its equipment, ARLnow has learned, but the door is not fully closed on the local brewery opening elsewhere. Arlington’s only production brewery…
Taco Bamba is expanding its presence in Arlington. The burgeoning fast-casual chain is planning to open at 4041 Campbell Avenue in Shirlington, a PR rep said this morning. That’s the…
A man walking along Columbia Pike at 8 p.m. on Friday was punched and robbed by a trio of suspects, two of whom were armed. That’s according to the latest…
Rental Car Changes at DCA — “Avis and Budget, both owned by Avis Budget Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR) in Parsippany, New Jersey, recently notified customers in an email that they…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
Most first-time campers are new to the performing arts, and teaching artists are well-versed in engaging students at all levels. Parents and campers report that one of the best parts of Synetic is the community, with many families returning year after year because they feel a strong sense of belonging.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and
District 27 Toastmasters 2023 Virtual Conference
District 27 Toastmasters invites you to its annual conference where you can hear phenomenal speakers, attend professional development and personal growth seminars about leadership, negotiation, communication, teamwork, and mentorship. Learn how to develop your personal story and how to improve