Before we get into the news of the day, we have an announcement: this is the final Meanwhile in D.C.
Special thanks to ARLnow for allowing Rachel Sadon and myself to share D.C. news for a little longer to our loyal DCist readers. And hopefully folks in Arlington have enjoyed learning about what’s happening across the river as well.
Though this column is ending, our writing still lives and it’s better than ever. Be sure to keep up with my latest articles by following me on Twitter @SeeSturdi. And don’t forget to follow Rachel Sadon @Rachel_Sadon and Rachel Kurzius @Curious_Kurz to see what they’re up to. We’re always looking for tips!
Now, here is what’s happening over in the District:
- Fun food events this weekend. [Washingtonian]
- And other things to keep you busy. [Post]
- Organizers plan for 500,000 attendees at ‘March For Our Lives’ gun-control protest. [Post]
- Craving Korean barbecue? Here are your best bets. [Eater]
- Rev. Billy Graham’s body will lie in honor next week in the Capitol rotunda. [NBC]
- United Medical Center board plans to go to court to avoid releasing meeting records. [Post]
- Under Armour Inc. CEO Kevin Plank is selling his Georgetown home for $29.5 million. [WBJ]
- How to train for the ten-mile Cherry Blossom run in April. [Washingtonian]
- There could soon be another panda at the National Zoo. [NBC]
- Cleveland Park mainstay Ardeo+Bardeo will serve its final dinner on Sunday after 20 years in business. [Washingtonian]
- How H Street NE became D.C.’s vegan dining destination. [WCP]
- City reached a $3.5 million settlement with family of unarmed motorcyclist shot dead by police officer. [Post]
- Local food startups are eager to get on Nestle’s radar. [WBJ]
- Photos from D.C. Fashion Week 2018. [WTOP]
- Illustrator Marcella Kriebel’s dream day in D.C. [Post]
- A look inside of a D.C. chocolate factory. [NBC]
- Local schools that already have armed police officers. [NBC]
Tour the small tight-knit community of Dover Crystal in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…