(Update at 4:15 p.m.) Arlington firefighters have extinguished a blaze at an apartment complex just off Columbia Pike.
First responders were called to a complex along the 1300 block of S. Scott Street around 3:30 p.m. today (Friday). The block is home to the Wellington Apartments.
The fire was concentrated in a commercial drier at the complex, which was quickly shut off, according to the fire department’s Twitter account.
The department said there were no injuries as a result of the blaze, though they’re still warning people to avoid the area if possible.
Units from ACFD, @FortMyerFire & @AlexandriaVAFD have extinguished the fire in a commercial dryer and continue removing the smoke. No injuries reported. Fire Marshals on scene investigating. Avoid the area as there will be large FD presence for about next 30 minutes. pic.twitter.com/yCOZumOyUw
— Arlington Fire (@ArlingtonVaFD) March 1, 2019
Photo courtesy of Becca M.
A 3 BD/4.5 BA condo with two wraparound terraces and city views sold for $3.2 million, making it one of the most expensive homes sold in July.
The new ARLnow Press Club has a number of features we always wanted to bring readers — and now can with your support. One that we haven’t advertised as widely…
A new business offering high-end therapeutic and wellness treatments — including cryotherapy — is opening in Pentagon City. Texas-based Restore Hyper Wellness started offering treatments to help people facing pain,…
Protected bike lanes on Fairfax Drive are a project whose time has come. It’s a critical link that would connect commercial areas, parks, and trails to thousands of Arlington residents. It deserves a place in Arlington’s next 10-year Capital Improvement Plan.