The Arlington County Bar Foundation recently held its annual Donor-Donee Reception at the Arlington County Courthouse. The event focuses on the various community charitable organizations that the Foundation funds. The annual presentation of the Campbell-Smith-Thompson Award is also made at this event. The Foundation presents the award to a Board member who has made extraordinary contributions to the philanthropic mission of the Foundation throughout the year. This year, the Campbell-Smith-Thompson award was presented to Sudeep Bose.
During his Chairmanship and his six years on the Board, Bose has excelled in memorializing the rich heritage of the Arlington legal community through social media, photography and videography. He used his news media experience and business acumen to improve how the Foundation communicates with its supporters, grantees and well-wishers.
Despite the challenges Bose faced as Chairman from 2020-2021, he completed the most successful grant season in recent history. With the help of other Directors of the Foundation, Bose led the Foundation to surpass all previous years in grants to support community non-profit organizations. This year, the Foundation received all funds from Arlington lawyers.
Bose successfully bridged communication with Foundation grantees, encouraging their efforts to fulfill their core missions. Bose’s reverence for legal history and its significance to the modern practice of law inspired him to digitize and rebroadcast media from the early days of the Foundation. Bose’s efforts to bring the Foundation to a new age in technology have allowed ongoing remembrance for new Directors and leaders of the Bar.
The award was presented to Mr. Bose by former recipients, Mark Cummings and Jennifer Brust. The following donees of the Foundation were recognized by the Chair, Paul Ferguson:
• Arm and Arm, Inc.
• Andrew B. Ferrari Argus House
• GMU Scalia Law Veteran’s housing project with the American Legion Post 139
• Arlington County Drug Court
• Arlington County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Services
• Arlington Partnership for Youth and Families Second Chance Program
• Arlington Thrive
• Borromeo Immigration
• Doorways for Women & Families
• Legal Services of Northern Virginia
• National Capital Treatment & Recovery Center
• Offender Aid and Restoration of Arlington
• Restoration Immigration
• Second Chance Advisory Committee
• SCAN of Northern Virginia
• Virginia Hospital Foundation
Publish your press release for FREE on ARLnow here.